Complaint Review: Best Buy Store# 449/Corporate

• Reported By: Ropencowgirl — Sacramento California USA
  • Best Buy Store# 449/Corporate

Nationwide
    USA

Best Buy Store# 449/Corporate My credit card knowing it has been stolen has been allowed to attempt to get a 2000.00 purchase. I contacted corporate and they told me to contact store. They don't do anything knowing the card is stolen. They want me to do all the leg work and attempts to ge this person. Richfield, MN Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: in response

*General Comment: Realize...

I was robbed and my credit cards were part of the robbery. I contacted my banks to let them know I had my cards taken and I was then reissued new cards. At that time i was told by two different banks that an attempt at Best Buy had been made on my cards but were denied because of amount of expense. Thank God! However, I woke up today only to find an alert on my phone telling me the persons had attempted to make another attempt at Best Buy. So after calling my bank and getting more information i got the store #.

Now I am going to contact the corporate office. Only for them to tell me there is nothing they do for that and I needed to contact my bank. I told them I had and that because another attempt on the same card had been used at the store they wanted me to let them know. The guy said to be honest with you there is nothing we can do. We don't contact police and that i should contact the store myself to let them know.

I would think that if corpoprate new they had stores and according to the internet multiple issues with the same store they would be wanting to talk with the store to get this cleared up.

The guy asked if it was my best buy card and i told him no and that i would never have a best buy card either if this is how they run their business.

I just want it out there that Best Buy doesn't care if you were robbed and doesn't take matters into their hands when it involves there company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2017 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy-store-449corporate/nationwide/best-buy-store-449corporate-my-credit-card-knowing-it-has-been-stolen-has-been-allowed-1352150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

in response

AUTHOR: Rob - (USA)

so in reading this i find it absolutely ridiculous to say best buy doesnt care or is even to blame...first of all they DENIED THE PURCHASE.... how can they stop the ATTEMPT. its an ATTEMPT... your credit card company has it blocked to where when it runs through the electronic system at a store...it flags and is declined.  what more do you want them to do... hold the guy hostage who is trying to use it?  they dont have time for that.

YOU SHOULDNT BASH BEST BUY FOR THIS..IT ISNT THEIR PROBLEM.

#2 General Comment

Realize...

AUTHOR: Tyg - (USA)

Im sure in your infinite intellegence YOU KNOW exactly how thier register system works right?? OH? You DONT!?! Well let me be the FIRST to educate you and blow away the fog of ignorance. When someone attempts to make a purchase and its declined AT THE REGISTER, it DOES NOT give the REASON its declined. It JUST declines the purchase. So the cashier has NO IDEA that the person is attempting to use a STOLEN CARD!!! In the retail enviroment they JUST sell the items, THEY ARE NOT THE POLICE!!! So YOU cannot expect that THEY are going to KNOW that the card is in fact STOLEN!!!There are MANY instances where a card is declined beyond being stolen. SO BEST BUY is NOT going to have the same information AS YOUR BANK!!!!YOU are attempting to assign powers and abilities that the store DOES NOT HAVE!!!! And YES you have to do the leg work!!! Best Buy has done thier part by NOT letting the purchase go through. THAT IS AS FAR AS THIER POWER GOES!!!!! Im ALWAYS amazed at the SHEER IGNORANCE that people like YOU have. We get it, YOU were robbed, but that IS NOT Best Buys fault and they have done thier part. The ONLY people who are going to have that ability IS THE POLICE!!!! If the POLICE in your area do not feel they want to waste thier time trying to solve YOUR issue then THAT IS ON THEM!!! What YOU have done is act like a fish wife. YOU have expectations that Best Buy CANNOT meet and DO NOT have the ability to do!! And when the INNOCENT party, Best Buy, cannot meet those expectations, YOU go GOSSIPING on the web!!! Firstly, it REALLY goes to show the type of person YOU are. Secondly, it REALLY shows that YOU wish to place the blame of the situation on a INNOCENT PARTY!!!YOU have ALL of the information needed to catch that person but YOU have to do it yourself. I would suggest that since YOU have the banks information that YOU get off your rump and present that information to the police. With a timestamp on the transaction YOU should be able to get the police to go review the stores video survalence.