Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By:
  • Best Buy

Nationwide

Best Buy Sucks....Ripoff

I had bought a PNY's 256MB memory (RAM) chipset from Bestbuy on Golf Road in Schaumburg, IL. I went to return the memory as I was planning to upgrade my computer and install RDRAM instead of SDRAM.

Tim (Best buy's Tech supervisor) told me that they would not take it back as the memory had a smaller PNY label on it. Even though the box was from PNY, they would not take the memory because it had a bit smaller label that has the serial number. So they wanted me to get an approval from PNY that this memory belongs to them.

So I called PNY and faxed them the copy of the memory chip that showed the label. The PNY's customer service representative told me to give Best Buy's number and he would call them and confirm that the memory belongs to them.

So I called Best buy and talked with Tim (Best Buy's Tech supervisor) about this. He denied and told me that he wants a certificate mentioning that this was PNY's product.. AFter some days, PNY faxed me the certificate and then Best buy gave me refund..

My point is that when we buy something from Best buy do we have to verify whether the label on the product is as per Best buy's standards or not? Do we have to open all the things that we buy from Best buy in the store and cofirm whether the product in the box is actually from the manufacturer or not?

From that time onwards I decided never to buy anything from Best Buy.

Dharmesh

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Best Buy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy/nationwide/best-buy-sucksripoff-11579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content