Complaint Review: Better Built Lumber & Supply

• Submitted: Tue, June 21, 2016
  • Updated: Tue, June 21, 2016
  • Reported By: Sharon — olympia fields Illinois U.S.A.
  • Better Built Lumber & Supply
    17350 S Cicero
    Country Club Hills, Illinois
    USA

Better Built Lumber & Supply June 6, 2016 Company gave me an estimate of $659.00 to replace garage door. Came to my home looked at garage took a $100.00 deposit and said he (Rob) would be back Friday June 10th to replace door.  Country Club Hills Illinois

Rob called Thursday and asked to replace door on Thursday. Rob arrived and stated additional work needed to be done on garage for an addition $600.00 plus dollars. My contractor spoke with Rob who described in detail what needed to be done. My contractor enforced the rafters as Rob requested. Rob returned Tuesday June 14th stated work was excellent but some additional work was needed, he then said he would return our deposit if we did not want to go farther. I asked Rob to return my deposit and I would use another company. I called the company and was told the deposit could not be returned as it would: A. Be used to pay Rob . B. Be used as a restocking fee C. be forfeited. This company is clearly out to take advantage of consumers by any means. There is no telling how many deposits have been stolen by this company. They are clearly employing liars and thieves.

June 7, 2016 Better Built Lumber & supply Inc agreed to install a garage door at my residence for $659.00.  A down payment of $100.00 was taken.  June 9th Rob arrived to install the door and stated additional work needed to be done to the garage for a price of $600 + dollars.

My contractor spoke with Rob about what needed to be done.  My contractor completed the work as requested.  Rob stated the work was excellent but he wanted something else done.  He said if he could not do it he would refund my deposit.  I asked for the deposit to be returned and I would use another company.

June 16 I called to confirm with the office that my deposit would be returned.  I was advised it would not be returned for the following reasons:  1.  Rob had to be paid from the $100.00  2.  The $100.00 would be used as a restocking fee.  3.  The $100.00 was forfeited.

The workers at this company are clearly liars and thieves.  I want my deposit returned and the public to be aware of the practices at this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2016 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/better-built-lumber-supply/country-club-hills-illinois-60478/better-built-lumber-amp-supply-june-6-2016-company-gave-me-an-estimate-of-65900-to-r-1312706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content