Complaint Review: B&H Photo Video

• Reported By: Bangkok Other
  • B&H Photo Video
    420 9th Avenue
    New York, New York

B&H Photo Video, No Individual Would Provide Their Name ordered from catalog, received less than advertized, was told that they shipped what was ordered ripoff New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: B&H replies

I was a past customer (a multi-system VCR) so received the B&H catalog in Thailand. Seeing a special offer on a Nikon Coolpix AND accessories I called B&H in NY.

The sales person told me that the price had increased due to the inclusion of a camera case and I thought that was fine and ordered the special offer.

However, B&H shipped the camera to my home in the U.S. with a 512mb memory card instead of the 1gb card advertized.

When questioned about this I was told, 'the kit comes with a 512mb card'. That was all. I complained about this and was asked if I would like to return the purchase so said, 'yes' - only to be told that the return period had expired. Expired because they knew that I was in Thailand and the camera was at home in the U.S.

B&H has the following on their web-site:

Our Liberal Return Policy:
One of our strongest appeals to the public is that if you are not happy with your purchase, B&H offers a liberal money - back return policy. We want you to buy with confidence knowing that we will support you if there is a problem with your merchandise. Other stores can get you to buy something once with lots of promises. At B&H, we're in it for the long run and want you to be a "B&H - er" for the long run as well."

Really? REALLY? I do not appreciate being cheated.

Richard
Bangkok
Thailand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2006 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bh-photo-video/new-york-new-york-10001/bh-photo-video-no-individual-would-provide-their-name-ordered-from-catalog-received-les-210502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

B&H replies

AUTHOR: Henry - (U.S.A.)

Richard bought a Nikon CoolPix S3 with the "Basic" acfcessory kit. This kit includes the same memory card for every Nikon CoolPix camera -- a 512 MB SD card. We often offer the same camera with the choice of this basic kit or with a "Deluxe" kit which includes a 1 gig or 2 gig (depending on the camera) card.

It seems Richard may have been looking at the "Deluxe" kit description, but the product he bought and paid for and the one we shipped to him is the camera with the basic kit and the 512 MB card he received.

Our return policy, while liberal by industry standards is not limitless. We regret Richard's dissatisfaction but he was most certainly NOT ripped off.

Henry Posner