Complaint Review: B&H photo

new york, New York
    United States of America

B&H photo Does not honor sale prices new york, New York

*UPDATE Employee: B&H replies

I tried to order an item online.  The site said it was not available.  It did not permit me to pay for the item and wait for delivery.  It offered to contact me when the item became available.  I requested to be contacted.  I received an email saying my item was available.  I went to purchase it and the price had increased by 75%!  I contacted customer service about the difference, but they would not honor the previously quoted price.

There was no "no rain check policy" or any other notice.  Nothing but a scam if they don't honor advertised prices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bh-photo/new-york-new-york-10001/bh-photo-does-not-honor-sale-prices-new-york-new-york-982915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

B&H replies

AUTHOR: Henry - (USA)

We appreciate your interest in B&H Photo and regret your dissatisfaction. Our site does not promise or imply a "rain check policy," of any sort whatsoever. That said I'd like to investigate this further to see if we can reach an amicable resolution. Unfortunately I cannot identify you or the product from the paltry information available here. Feel free to email henryp [at] bhphoto [dot] com with additional information.

Henry Posner