Complaint Review: Bidz.com

www.bidz.com
    Internet

Bidz.com Suspect Shills in bidding Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

I am a member of Bidz.com. Tonight I attempted to bid on several different items. The same name of the top bidder kept cropping up, bidding above me. I began scrolling through the items up for bid and found the same bidder was top bidder on about 16 different items. I contacted Bidz and they swore up and down they didn't have a shill on board. Hah.

I put several of the items that this bidder ( Zobellion) was top bidder on, on my watch list. I also printed out a copy of the some 12 items that this shill was bidding on at about 7:00 Pacific Daylight time and have two copies of same. There is no way that Bidz can deny that Zobellion was shilling out some of the bids. I don't know if They can disprove that I bid on these items, but I did.

I gave up once I began scrolling through their current list of items and saw that Zobellion was top bidder on more than 40 items for the current time frame. It will take a lot to convince me that Zobellion is not a shill and operating soley for the purpose of making the bids go higher in favor of Bidz. com. I have printed off copies of all the items I put on my watch list tonight, just to prove how many zobellion had control of in the space of about 5 minutes of bidding and just how interested to see how bidz actually shows my final watch list.

I personally do not trust them any more and will not attempt to make any more bids against shills.

Karen
Junction City, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2008 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bidzcom/internet/bidzcom-suspect-shills-in-bidding-internet-387084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We would like to address the information disclosed on your post. Bidz.com does not tolerate shill bidding. Anyone who attempts to shill bid is automatically deactivated as our site is monitored at all times.

One thing that must always be kept in mind that majority of our customers are resellers, meaning that they buy our merchandise and resell it. Many of our customers will bid on various auctions at the same time. They can do so directly from their watchlist.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions and or concerns.

Bidz.com