Complaint Review: BigPoint

• Reported By: NoKidding — California United States of America
  • BigPoint

San Francisco, California
    United States of America

BigPoint BigPoint threats me after my credit card blocks their continuous charges for the HACKED account San Francisco, California

*Author of original report: BigPoint insisted to charge me after credit card is blocked and account is closed and hacked

My 10-year-old opened online gaming account with BigPoint in Feb 2012 and then his account got hacked.  We have tried to close his account and not sure if closed account would still be used by hackers.

I have emailed the company several times to notify this account was hacked and ask them to close it officially and do NOT charge on this account.  I also notified my credit card company fraud department about this case.

The nightmare is after the BigPoint failed to get money from my credit card, the send me a email like the following:

We are giving you one final opportunity to pay the total amount due

17.99 USD transaction (12.02.2012; 279018885; Creditcard)
     10.22 USD cancellation fee
     17.99 USD transaction (04.04.2012; 291129344; Creditcard)
     10.22 USD cancellation fee
     17.99 USD transaction (08.04.2012; 292029214; Creditcard)
     12.28 USD late fee
------------------------------------
     96.91 USD amounts outstanding.

"If we have not received your payment by 19.07.2012, we will turn your account over to a collection agency without further notice. Please be aware that you will incur considerable additional costs, specifically, you will be responsible for reimbursing any collection costs, standard expenses and interest, as well as the total amount due."

I still have not got any response from the company after I explained to them via email or thru their facebook message.  This company threats to turn me into the collection agency with the above ridiculous statement on this hacked account that we have abandoned and closed it long time back...

Is there any way to protect us from this kind of company?  How should I handle this case?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 11:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bigpoint/san-francisco-california-/bigpoint-bigpoint-threats-me-after-my-credit-card-blocks-their-continuous-charges-for-the-911339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: NoKidding - (United States of America)

My 10-year-old opened online gaming account with BigPoint in Feb 2012 and then his account got hacked.  We have tried to close his account and not sure if closed account would still be used by hackers based on the situation my son described to me.

I have emailed the company several times to notify this account was hacked and ask them to close it officially and do NOT charge on this account.  I also notified my credit card company's fraud department about this case.

"We are giving you one final opportunity to pay the total amount due"

17.99 USD transaction (Creditcard)
     10.22 USD cancellation fee
     17.99 USD transaction (reditcard)
     10.22 USD cancellation fee
     17.99 USD transaction (Creditcard)
     12.28 USD late fee
------------------------------------
     96.91 USD amounts outstanding.