Complaint Review: Bitdefender

• Bitdefender

Internet
    United States of America

Bitdefender Misleading Rebate Internet, Internet

Required rebate items enclosed & sent via certified mail.  The primary reason I purchased Bitdefender was due to their excellent rebate offer (they had a high rating, too).  I purchased the product at Fry's Electronics (the rebate was not advertised in-store but online only).  I received a letter from Bitdefender which stated I did not include the "Proof of Purchase Flap."

I called to verify the proof of purchase was the UPC code from the flap.  I was told it was not & that the Proof of Purchase is on the top flap if you lift it up?  The woman asked if I still had the original box.  Of course I didnt.  I included everything listed on your rebates, double checked, copied items I sent for my records & sent originals via certified mail (to ensure they were received).

In the majority of cases, proof of purchase is the UPC code which corresponds to the item title purchased.  In this case, I enclosed the UPC which matches the item description listed on the receipt as Bitdefender Tot Sec 2012.  The intent of proof of purchase is to prove a person bought an item.  It is verifiable I did purchase this item via the receipt & UPC from the box.

Ethical companies do not attempt to make misleading offers.  If you cannot trust their business standards to be ethical, then you can't trust their product.  I will return to Norton Antivirus (which I was happy with before & which is less expensive...given the fact Bitdefender did not honor their rebates).

Rebate Offers:  H242137 & H342138

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bitdefender/internet/bitdefender-misleading-rebate-internet-internet-827345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content