Complaint Review: Blast Fitness

• Blast Fitness
    5819 N.W. Loop 410
    San Antonio, Texas
    United States of America

Blast Fitness Previously Bally,s unauthorized renewals charged to account San Antonio, Texas

I, Dawn F, have been a member of Bally's Fitness Center since 1982 and am very familiar with the renewal process of my membership.

I have been allowed to renew my membership yearly by completing a letter sent to my house with my renewal of $99.00 per year.

As records show, sometimes I renewed for that year and sometimes not.  My membership was renewable, but not automatically renewed. There were years that I did not renewed as records will show.

Also offered was  a $199.00 membership for friend or family.  I bought my cousin a membership for the year in 2005 and she or I were never billed again for that year long friend and family gift.

My cousin, Dawn S, bought the same offer year long gift membership under my account in March 2010.

Since Blast took over, they are billing my membership and her gift membership on her credit card when our last year ended. [continued below]....
.....

They are billing me when I have NEVER been automatically billed before! They are billing her as friends and family have NEVER been automatically been billed before.

The memberships have always been renewable but NOT automatically renewed!

Do they think they can bill people anyway they want?

The billing office, ABC Financial Services, will not even consider what I am trying to tell them.

I feel trapped and abused by them by having to pay them when I did not authorize renewal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2012 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/blast-fitness/san-antonio-texas-78238/blast-fitness-previously-ballys-unauthorized-renewals-charged-to-account-san-antonio-tex-953908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content