Complaint Review: Blue Pilot Energy

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    USA

Blue Pilot Energy Raising rates after sign up Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Information...

Our company signed up with Blue Pilot Energy after recieving several sales calls from them. The fisrt 2 months our bill was appx 10% lower then our previous supplier as promised. The 3rd month our rate went up 15% over what we were paying our previous supplier. When I called they said it was because the rate they paid went up so they raised their rates to make up the difference. The 4th month our rate went from 11.2 cents per KWH to 39.9 cents per KWH. An increase of 357%. I  called back and they said it was because of the high demand in the area.

I then checked with 3 other electric suppliers and the highest rate I was quoted was 9.2 cents per KWH. I then called PECO and they said they have never seen a rate that high before. The highest my PECO rep ever had was 19.9 and that was a mistake. Don't fall for the bait and switch of Blue Pilot Energy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/blue-pilot-energy/philadelphia-pennsylvania/blue-pilot-energy-raising-rates-after-sign-up-philadelphia-pennsylvania-1122487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Information...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Calling a different energy company is NOT proof. Each energy company gets a different rate. If you were quoted a certain price by YOUR energy provider then odds are that what THEY had to pay. The more customers a energy provider has the greater the discount given by the suppliers. I would suggest that you switch to a LARGER energy provider so you get the discounts that they get. Sounds to me like you are in a CO-OP situation. A smaller "town" sized electric company. If that is the case then the price is right!! Its a big fish/ little fish kind of issue. The big fish get first shot. The smaller fishes have to pay.

If you are in the North of the US then that price makes even more sense as its under the worst winter in a very long time. EVERYONE is trying to keep warm. Some do it with propane, some do it with oil, some do it with electricity. All this means is a GREATER then normal demand for energy.