Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, August 07, 2017

• Reported By: Mark in Cincy — Cincinnati Ohio USA
Bob Adams Classic Cars
7360 E Acoma Dr Suite 14 Scottsdale, USA

Bob Adams Classic Cars classiccarsllc.com/Classic Car Investments LLC Sold me a MONEY_PIT with MAJOR problems Scottsdale Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: He came to me about a problem 3 years later - And I still offered to buy the car back!

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I bought a 1963 Cadillac from Bob Adams. It was a money-pit with MAJOR problems, and never ran right from day one. It was advertised as “Fully restored” and “Engine and Transmission Rebuilt”. I paid top dollar based on these claims. Had a good mechanic tear into the engine, and it was like peeling layers off an onion. We had to go all the way down to the block, and replace everything. So far, I have about $6,000 in the engine. Got it running, and after driving it a couple times, the transmission won't shift out of 1st gear. A guy with 40 years experience pulled the trans yesterday, to rebuild it. Only 2 of 12 cross member bolts had any threads. It is a miracle the trans did not fall out. This will be another $2,000 to $3,000 to fix. We did a complete valve job. The inside of the heads were painted. Paint was coming off in the oil, so the screen on oil pick-up was 3/4 clogged with dissolved paint sludge. If we had driven much more, it would have been starved for oil and rod bearings would have spun. The new timing chain was put on a gear that was chewed up, which obviously screwed up the new chain. Distributor was moving several degrees, so the timing fluctuated as it sort of ran. Oil pump was bad, w/ gears worn out. Probably due to the paint sludge. Water pump was bad. We had to replace the crossover tube/therm housing. It leaked like a sieve. Intake manifold was cracked. Whole front end was sloppy, and needed to be replaced. Starter was bad. Leaking transmission cooler lines were patched with rubber fuel lines. The metal fuel line was crushed. The list goes on. I flew to Phoenix to look at it. They knew I was coming, but no one was there but a lot boy. It was blocked in, so I couldn't drive it. That should have been my first clue, but they seemed like a reputable place. I admit the car is beautiful, but what a mess. You can see many photos and proof here - s1351.photobucket.com/user/markwk/library/Bob%20Adams%20Car%20Problems?sort=3&page=1 Of course, Bob Adams gave me a song and dance. He denied everything. Buy at your own risk!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2017 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bob-adams-classic-cars/scottsdale-85260/bob-adams-classic-cars-classiccarsllccomclassic-car-investments-llc-sold-me-a-moneypit-1391069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob Adams Classic Cars

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: bobadamsclassiccars - (USA)

What Mark has failed to say is that he bought a 1963 Cadillac from me 3 years ago! Yes, I said 3 years ago and just decided to pop up 2 weeks ago with all this information. I owned the car twice before Mark bought the car, both times no one ever complained about a mechanical issue on the car. If any car we have has an issue, we fix it. I did not restored this car, we bought it the first time from a collector who told me the work he did to the car and I had no reason then to believe him as the car looked beautiful and drove great. If Mark would have told me after he bought the car 3 year ago that he thinks it has an issue I would have tried to resolve the issue or 100% gave him his money back. I even told him after he came to me with this problem 3 years later, I would buy the car back which he did not want to do. Mark has put me in a bad position as he thinks he is owed something after 3 years of not saying anything to me about these issues. I'm not sure what he could have done to the car in 3 years that caused these problems or if they were there to begin with. All I can say is the car ran and drove great when it left my shop 3 years ago. From his overdramatic description, it sounds that the car would have needed to leave my shop on a tow truck. LOL As far as i know this car could have been taken out and abusied sometime when he didn't know about it in a 3 year period. Alot of different thing could have happened in 3 years. I would have really just have like to had my car back then have to deal with this issue. I can say in 3 year I have sold hundreds of classic cars to happy customers. And its obviously impossible to make everyone happy as you can se here. These are 40, 50 and 60 year old cars that do break sometimes. I know they do as I have had fully restored cars break coming off a truck right after buying them. I stand behind every car I sell. Mark bought a stunning car that even if he really did put that much money into, is worth $10 to $15 more today as when I sold it to him 15 years later. If you look into all of Marks reviews he has left, they all negative on every company or business. Not one positive, which raises alot of red flags in my opinion. There is always a bad apple in the bunch. I wish Mark good luck and I would still buy the car back if it such a problem for him.