Complaint Review: Bobs Discount Furniture

• Bobs Discount Furniture
    263 Broadway
    Saugus, Massachusetts
    USA

Bobs Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic mattresses don't last and they don't honor their warranty Saugus Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Bobs came through!

I've had my Bob-O-Pedic mattress for only 6 years and it has completely lost its memory foam properties. It no longer has the visceolastic property typical of memory foam and is significantly softer than when I first purchased it. It is now basically a really soft plain foam mattresss and is uncomfortable for two people to sleep on.

I thought that since the quality of the mattress was no longer near what it was when I purchased it that Bob would honor the warranty. This was not the case. Bobs has looked for any excuse they can to not honor their warranty. First they came out and inspected the mattress and said there was a stain on it which voided the warranty. But, they said that if the mark on the mattress could be cleaned off that they would continue with the claim process.

With a simple wash the mark came off completely and I took photos and sent them to the email address they told me to send them too. After not hearing back from them I emailed them again and got no response. So I contacted them by phone. When I finally got through to the rep they told me the photos probably wouldn't matter because the tech who came out to inspect the mattress stated that the mattress was fine. The rep said that the tech measure only .75 inches of sag in the middle of the mattress and they would only honor the warranty if it was 1.5 inches of sag.

Never once did I mention that the mattress sagged too much. My claim was for the memory foam properties degrading to the point where the mattress was uncomfortable. It's pretty clear that Bobs warranty program is dishonest and unfair to the consumer and there isn't anything you can do about it. I hope this report gives potential Bob-O-Pedic buyers a heads up that this mattress won't last and the warranty they flash in front of you is nothing but a dishonest sales pitch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bobs-discount-furniture/saugus-massachusetts-01906/bobs-discount-furniture-bob-o-pedic-mattresses-dont-last-and-they-dont-honor-their-warr-1086247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bobs came through!

AUTHOR: Joseph - ()

Bobs came through and replaced my mattress. Than you Bobs for honoring your warranty!