Complaint Review: Body Of Change

• Reported By: Riverside California
  • Body Of Change
    20430 N. 19th Ave, Suite 140
    Body Of Change/LA Fitness, California

Body Of Change - LA Fitness ripoff not honoring the 12 training sessions I paid for in advance Riverside California & Norco California

The week after I joined LA Fitness in Norco, California I was told that I would have one free training session. At the conclusion of the session I was asked to sign up and was told that I would receive nutritional counseling, work with an experienced trainer, etc. I signed up and only received one session with a very inexperienced trainer (I knew far more about training than she did). I called to speak to Sherri, the training manager and ask for a change of trainer. At that point I was not aware of the fact that LA Fitness was discontinuing their relationship with Body of Change.

I left several messages, but never received a call back. When the Riverside store opened a few months later I spoke to fitness director Larry who told me that they would see what they could do to transfer those sessions over. He then dropped the ball too and did not call me back (as promised). My messages to him were also left unanswered.

I called again today and (amazingly)made contact with Larry. He has told me that LA Fitness District Operations Manager Wendy Junk told him that they will not honor any of my sessions. All sessions had to be transferred over by the first of this year. That means that I paid $365 for a useless 25 minute training session!

My question is this: How does one go about transferring over sessions when both LA Fitness employees and Body of Change employees dodge your calls? What kind of a legitimate business would do that? Nobody ever called, wrote, or in any way contacted me to inform me that my sessions would be lost. In addition, my phone calls were also never returned. I have spoken to the corporate office, Norco office and Riverside offices. In my opinion LA Fitness and Body of Change are unethical and should not be in business.

Carla
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2004 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/body-of-change/body-of-changela-fitness-california-92507/body-of-change-la-fitness-ripoff-not-honoring-the-12-training-sessions-i-paid-for-in-adv-97017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content