Complaint Review: Boehm Ritter, Nexiderm SP

• Boehm Ritter, Nexiderm SP
    3212 Jefferson St #424
    Napa, California

Boehm Ritter, Nexiderm SP ripoff - scam - fraudulent pop-up Napa California

I received an e-mail from "My-Points" which is a reputable e-mail advertising company. Nexiderm was advertising with them and if you read their add, My-Points gives you 5 points. I read it and didn't really want to take a chance on a product that I really didn't feel it could be worth "$89.95" for a tiny 1/2-ounce bottle. They were offering a "two week free trial" for shipping and handling only -- $5.98

However, when I clicked out of the web-page, a pop-up appeard which said I would only need to pay $2.95 for the shipping and handling if I responded, so I thought "3 bucks" what the heck. So I fell for it. I filled out the form and hit entered! Magically, the $2.95 changed back to $5.95! I hit my back button and sure enough, it said $2.95 when I hit submit and it changed! I sent an e-mail right away (I actually sent two right away -- one attaching copies of the pages - one saying $2.95 and then the second after it had switched to $5.95!) I tried calling, but it was SUNDAY and they were closed.

Then -- I checked my account to see what they actually charged me and not only did they charge me $5.95, but they did so TWICE! I sent another e-mail to them telling them of the error. I NEVER heard from them. I received two products in the mail with their receipts. THEY DO NOT SEND YOU A TWO-WEEK TRIAL SIZE FOR FREE! THEY SEND YOU THE FULL SIZE AND THEN YOU HAVE TO SEND IT BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO CHARGE YOU FULL PRICE FOR THE BOTTLE! I called the company and AFTER WAITING FOR A GOOD HOUR got a person who intially said his name was Vincent, then when I asked him again, he said his name was John. I explained to him what happened and I demanded a refund of $3.00 for the first item and full refund of $5.95 on the second. He was very rude and was patronizing saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way" "There are NO refunds on shipping on handling." I asked to speak to his supervisor and was told "no way". He was rude and I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau as well.

Jan
Highland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2005 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/boehm-ritter-nexiderm-sp/napa-california-94556/boehm-ritter-nexiderm-sp-ripoff-scam-fraudulent-pop-up-napa-california-127776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content