Complaint Review: Boehm-Ritter Nexiderm

• Reported By: Glenview Illinois
  • Boehm-Ritter Nexiderm
    1001 2nd Street,
    Napa, California

Boehm-Ritter Nexiderm Ripoff charged my Credit Card $370 for 2 ounces of its product They are a scam operation Napa California

About a month ago I responded to an E-Market Research Group survey to get a $100 gift certificate for a well known retailer and for coupons on dog food, soap products, etc. Part of the survey offered a free trial of anti-wrinkle cream and you just paid the shipping and handling. I figured this was like the offers you get for a free flashlight or a calendar with your charge statement and just pay shipping. A couple of weeks later I received the product, and thought $5.95 was okay. There was nothing in the package indicating I had signed up for a monthly auto ship program or how much that was.

Yesterday, I received a package from the company with another jar of the cream. The product by the way is a one ounce jar of Nexiderm-SP. I looked at the packing slip and saw that it was Order Number: M******* and I was now enrolled in a monthly auto-ship program for $95.90 a month. My husband checked the activity on my account last night and there were two charges on 4/8/05, each for $89.95 charged by BRI*NexidermSP.

This morning I had him print my account activity and found that there were two more charges on 4/14/05 each for $95.50, again for BRI*NexidermSP! Now I'm not sure if there were more charges in March for this company since my husband just printed activity from the beginning of April.

I phoned the Boehm-Ritter, Inc this morning at 888-758-7444 and spoke with Evelyn in their customer service area. She said that since I did not cancel my enrolment after receiving the initial shipment I was automatically enrolled in this auto-ship of product. I told her it was free product and she said it was a trial. I explained to her that I was not aware of that and that I had been charged 4 times on my credit card. She told me I could return the shipment I received yesterday and they would review giving me credit and when I asked her about the other 3 charges she said I would need to return those too, but I have not received those shipments! She gave me no specific instructions on how to return. I told her that the charges to my credit card were unauthorized and she said the fact that I had enrolled entitled them to do it. I told her that I was being scammed and she more or less told me I had authorized that too!

I spoke to my bank and they are treating it as fraud and reversing the charges. They also closed the account so they could not make additional charges. Learned a valuable lession from this.

Martha
Glenview, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2005 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/boehm-ritter-nexiderm/napa-california-94559/boehm-ritter-nexiderm-ripoff-charged-my-credit-card-370-for-2-ounces-of-its-product-they-138960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content