Complaint Review: Booking Group

• Booking Group
    Lielirbes str. 17a LV-1046
    Internet
    Latvia

Booking Group Economy Bookings AVOID. NEVER GOT MY HIRE CAR NOR ANY REFUND FOR A RENTAL PAID FULLY IN ADVANCE Riga New York

We were in Croatia on holiday in August and had booked car hire through bookinggroup.com for the second week of our holiday. I had requested a nine seater vehicle and had arranged to collect the vehicle from Dubrovnik Airport and had provided 9h00 as the estimated time that we would need the car. I also provided my mobile phone number to bookinggroup.com, who subsequently sent me a car hire voucher showing that the car would be provided by Green Motion Care Hire whose “opening hours” at Dubrovnik Airport were 7h00-22h00. It took longer to get to the airport than expected and I arrived at the airport around 10h30 but could not find a car hire desk for Green Motion. I then walked to the car hire site on the edge of the airport grounds and could also not find Green Motion car hire at this site. I then phoned Green Motion using the number provided on the car hire voucher (at around 10h40) and was told that their driver had delivered the car to the airport at 9h00 but had since left (with the car) as I had not arrived at the scheduled time and they had not been provided with my mobile phone number. I was also told that it was now impossible for them to provide me with a car and I should make alternative plans, but that I could expect a full refund.

It was very difficult to then find an alternative car and we were only able to find a seven seater, which was a considerable inconvenience for our large group and which also cost EUR500 more than the car we had booked and fully paid for in advance. We were also never told that we had to be at the airport at 9h00 sharp and were expecting the more normal situation where you collect the car from the car hire desk at the airport and from a car hire operator who has a permanent base at the airport; which was also what appeared to be the case based on the car hire voucher that was provided.

I have since made several attempts to contact bookinggroup.com. I have phoned them several times but have never got beyond a long phone queue. I have also emailed them several times and each time get a reply saying that they will answer in max. 10 business days, but have never had an answer. Although I note that they were quick to respond to emails at the time that the booking and payment were being finalised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2015 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/booking-group/internet/booking-group-economy-bookings-avoid-never-got-my-hire-car-nor-any-refund-for-a-rental-p-1261674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content