Complaint Review: Bootman Inc DBA Premier Parking Enforc

• Reported By: Ed Mason — PANAMA CITY Florida
  • Bootman Inc DBA Premier Parking Enforc

, Select State/Province
    USA

Bootman Inc DBA Premier Parking Enforc Booted And Ripped Off in Atlanta Atlanta Georgia

My wife and my parents are leaving Atlanta with a bad taste in our mouths. We believe that we were ripped off by the Bootman Inc. DBA company of Atlanta GA. We parked in a parking lot near CNN where we were attending a tour. We have parked in public parking lots many times in other cities and were expecting to pay a fee for the use of this parking lot. Unlike other parking lots we have parked in, this one did not have a lot attendant or did not utilize the "ticket pull" method for payment. After we parked, we looked around and did see a kiosk with a sign that read "Pay Here." There was a payment machine with unclear directions and no pricing options...just said....insert $1s, 5s, 10s or 20s. We had no idea how long we would be there or what the rate was...it was just very unclear.  Honestly, we were not trying to park for free, but we just didn't understand what to do and we thought that maybe there would be a lot attendant when we returned and we could pay then. We left our car and were in the CNN Center for approximately 4 hours.

Upon our return, we once again looked for a parking attendant so that we could inquire about payment...no parking attendant...we went to our car and were shocked to see that it had been booted. We called the number on the notice and were told that we would have to pay $75 to have the car "unbooted." We tried to explain our situation to the employee that came to collect payment and unboot our vehicle that we would be happy to pay for the time that we had been parked but that we felt it was unfair and in poor taste to treat visitors to Atlanta in this way, especially with such an unclear method of operation in affect. When I asked the employee how we were supposed to know the amount of money to put in the kiosk, I was told that I should have estimated the time and the cost. When I asked him..."What if I estimated high and pre-paid too much," he replied... "That's just the way it works." When I asked him..."What if I estimeated  low, and did not pre-pay enough"...his reply was..."You get the boot."

Very disappointed to have been ripped off in Atlanta, GA by this company...have read since then many other complaints from unsuspecting consumers...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bootman-inc-dba-premier-parking-enforc/select-stateprovince/bootman-inc-dba-premier-parking-enforc-booted-and-ripped-off-in-atlanta-atlanta-georgia-1166560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content