Complaint Review: Bosley

• Bosley
    99 Park Avenue
    New York, New Mexico
    USA

Bosley BOSLEY especially the NYC (Park Ave) location (Dr. David Alpeter) is a Charlatan, Disingenuous, False Promises, Rip Off and Skam. It is a money pit. Do not waste your time, imagination or most importantly your money. New York New York

SUBJECT:  Incomplete hair transplant procedure

On 9/2/14, I came to Bosley’s Park Ave, NYC location, and became a patient of Dr. David Alpeter. My first hair transplant procedure was performed on 9/19/14 and cost $7,750 (1,600 grafts). I was still bald; therefore, a second procedure was performed on 12/14/2015 at 1,351 grafts. The second procedure had better results, but there were still apparent bald spots and many sparse areas.  Thus, a third procedure was performed on 8/19/16. I paid for 600 grafts to address density (as suggested by Dr. Alpeter on 9/2/14). He documented that on the contract. He wrote “2nd procedure for density.” He also implanted an additional 300 grafts free-of-charge to address the bald spots from the previous two (2) procedures. There were more bald areas than that, but I agreed to the quantity to avoid a confrontation.

After the third procedure, I returned to the office on 9/19/17 to discuss a fourth procedure. I still have bald spots. Progress was clearly made, but there were a few bald spots that needed to be reperformed. AT THIS POINT, I SHOULD BE ANNOYED, BUT I WAS NOT. As long as we were making progress and they were honoring there services, I was content. I feel that would have been the last procedure. Dr. Alpeter, utterly, refused to reperform the procedure. He treated me with disdain. When I arrived on 9/19/17, at 12 noon, for the 8/19/16 follow up visit, he examined me, and I explained that I am still bald in a few areas and that we made significant progress. I told him and his assistant that I have a few areas that need to be REPERFOMED and that there are a few bald spots. I showed both of them the bald areas and said that I paid $2,825 for DENSITY last time (on 8/19/16) for a total of $11,000 and that I wanted the results that I paid for. I did not tell him that I wanted to pay him more money for what was CLEARLY NOT PERFORMED. On 9/19/17, he said that I needed 800 additional grafts (500 on the left and 300 for the right side); thus, he agrees that there are bald spots. He no longer wants to guarantee his work.

Density means that the transplanted area is a bit sparse, but not bald; thus, I agreed to pay, because be documented that on 9/2/14. Bald is completely different concept.

He then told me to schedule the appointment with his assistant, and he left the room. As we were scheduling the appointment, she proceeded to charge me for the 800 grafts. I explained to her that he was REPERFOMING THE PROCEDURE FOR THE FOURTH TIME and that I am not paying for this. She left the room and came back and said that is not the doctor’s understanding and that she will call me at a later date to confirm the terms of the procedure. I told her that is not what I just discussed with the doctor; she was in the room when I spoke to the doctor. I requested to speak to the doctor, again. HE AND THE OFFICE MANAGER WERE SO UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY REFUSED TO SPEAK TO ME AND WANTED ME TO LEAVE. The only person that would talk to me is his assistant. AFTER $11,000, NO ONE WOULD TALK TO ME. I had to refuse to leave, before the doctor would meet with me for a second time just to tell me that he was not going to perform the procedure free-of-charge. He wanted me to pay for the bald areas. He told me that I was being unreasonable and that we had to agree to disagree. He also

told me that the THIRD procedure on 8/19/16 was entirely a reperformance that I agreed to pay, and that I did not pay for Density (which is what he stated in the 9/2/14 contract). Whether I paid for density or not (according to him), I AM STILL BALD in selected areas. Thus, he took $2,825 of my money that should have been included in the first and second procedures.

His assistant is an attorney (which is odd), and I felt like she was trying to put words in my mouth. She said that I paid for the procedure last time to meet him half way. THAT IS ABSURD. Why would a hair transplant assistant be an attorney unless you have been sued in the past?

Bosley should inform the prospective patients that they will only reperform the procedure ONCE and that it will take several years at the cost of the patient; irrespective of their stated policy that says that Bosley guarantees all hair transplants performed. Paragraph number eight (8) states that Bosley will replace any non-growing hair transplant grafts free-of-charge, providing only that the patient have adequate donor hair, which I have. That guarantee is false.

Summary and Resolution:

• On 9/2/14, I should have been told that it would take three (3) plus years for my hair to grow, and that Bosley will only reperform the procedure ONCE. When I came into the office in 2014, they showed me all of these wonderful results of other patience. They gave me a CD that states the same (wonderful results and the services are guaranteed).

• Based on the policies and guarantees that were presented to me (Paragraph number eight (8)), I agreed to become a patient.

• They accepted $11,000 and then refused to talk to me and asked me to leave.

• They refused to reperform the bald areas. The last meeting on 9/19/17 took one hour and 15 minutes. They made me wait 30 minutes during the time they refused to talk to me.

• I came to Bosley for the name recognition for what I thought was a reputable company, and I assumed that they would assert certain guarantees.

• Bosley is taking advantage of people. This process is a money pit, and they use their counsel to bully people.

• On 8/19/17, I was satisfied with the reperformance; at this point, I want a refund of 800 grafts (See the last sentence in Paragraph #2, above) times $4.50 which is what I paid on 9/19/14 and 8/19/16) equals $3,600.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2017 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bosley/new-york-new-mexico-10016/bosley-bosley-especially-the-nyc-park-ave-location-dr-david-alpeter-is-a-charlatan-1401834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content