Complaint Review: Boston Hannah

• Phone: +44-020 7870 9000
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

boston Hannah Don't pay suppliers. Dishonest. London United Kingdom

I work as a freelance journalist. I was formally commissioned (in writing) by Boston Hannah's Managing Editor, Charles Ford, to write a 2000-word article for one of their magazines. I submitted the article on time and followed the brief to the letter. Charles Ford acknowledged receipt of the article by email. Then, however, Mr Ford refused to answer any of my calls or emails and ignored my invoice (which I resent numerous times).

After 6 months of sending regular emails and making phone calls, I then threatened legal action. Finally, someone in their accounts department promised to pay my invoice (which was only for a fairly small amount of money anyway). After another month of chasing it up, a cheque finally arrived.

DO NOT work for these people. Charles Ford was very dishonest and a person with such little integrity should not be editing a magazine. He was trying to wriggle out of his contractual obligation, hoping I would just go away. From what I have since learnt, this seems to be typical of this company however. So AVOID. These people are crooks.

John
London
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/boston-hannah/london-nw1-otf/boston-hannah-dont-pay-suppliers-dishonest-london-united-kingdom-475497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content