Complaint Review: bow-K Cocker Spaniels

• Reported By: Martyta — Joppa Maryland USA
  • bow-K Cocker Spaniels

Nationwide
    USA

bow-K Cocker Spaniels Lisa K Bowers Deceptive and does not reveal entire story Oklahoma City Nationwide

*Author of original report: BOW-K COCKERS UPDATE

Lisa K. Bowers posted a Champion Cocker Spaniel on Facebook and said she was free to a good home. I responded that I was interested and she asked for a deposit to hold her. She said she had so many people that wanted her.  She was a champion dog that needed a home because she no longer had room for her in her kennel.  She had other dogs to breed and this one could not be bred again because the dollar figures did not add up.

She stated that she wanted the deposit sent through PayPal and with the Friends and Family option so she would not have to pay a fee. She said she could ship the dog to my home through a service that would charge about $160. She said I would need to pay that expense when the time came. I sent the $50 and then returned to talk to her about the details.

This is when she decided to tell me she wanted the dog spayed at her vet's office and I would need to pay about $200 for that procedure.  Later that price went up to $381.  She said she also wanted her teeth cleaned and that would be another $75 if we did it during the spay procedure. Later she said that was another $250-$300.  Then she said the crate needed to be a certain kind and I had to buy it at $75 and ship it to her.  Then she said I needed to purchase a health certificate and that might cost another $50-$75.

Finally, she told me the dog had Thyroid disease and needed to be treated by a vet for the rest of her life.  She played it down and said the medication was very cheap and she had no symptoms so she didn't really need much treatment.  I began to question all these charges and she said if you don't want her let me know and I will give her to someone else and refund your money.

I called my Vet today and he told me that the medications run about $35-$40 a month and that she would have to have blood monitoring and thyroid panels done every few months.  He said those cost about $200 every six month plus office visits.  He advised me not to take the dog.  I let Lisa know that my Vet said this disease is more serious than she had stated and advised me to walk away.

Lisa became very angry and intimidating and resorted to insults and name calling. She refused to give me my money back.  Please beware of this breeder.  Upon further research, I see that she has Thyroid disease in her kennels with anther dog and who knows how many others.

BEWARE:  Do not give this woman money.  Do not get into any kind of verbal agreements or even written for that matter.  She is not upfront and forthright until AFTER she gets your money and then she refuses to give it back.  She paints a perfect picture of a free dog without telling you upfront that it will cost you nearly $1000 in shipping and other fees that must meet her demands and she fails to mention a life long treatment of a serious illness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2017 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bow-k-cocker-spaniels/nationwide/bow-k-cocker-spaniels-lisa-k-bowers-deceptive-and-does-not-reveal-entire-story-oklahoma-1408331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

BOW-K COCKERS UPDATE

AUTHOR: - ()

Lisa K. Bowers posted a Champion Cocker Spaniel on Facebook and said she was free to a good home. I responded that I was interested and she asked for a deposit to hold her. She said she had so many people that wanted her.  She was a champion dog that needed a home because she no longer had room for her in her kennel.  She had other dogs to breed and this one could not be bred again because the dollar figures did not add up.

She stated that she wanted the deposit sent through PayPal and with the Friends and Family option so she would not have to pay a fee. She said she could ship the dog to my home through a service that would charge about $160. She said I would need to pay that expense when the time came. I sent the $50 and then returned to talk to her about the details.

This is when she decided to tell me she wanted the dog spayed at her vet's office and I would need to pay about $200 for that procedure.  Later that price went up to $381.  She said she also wanted her teeth cleaned and that would be another $75 if we did it during the spay procedure. Later she said that was another $250-$300.  Then she said the crate needed to be a certain kind and I had to buy it at $75 and ship it to her.  Then she said I needed to purchase a health certificate and that might cost another $50-$75.

I called my Vet today and he told me that the medications run about $35-$40 a month and that she would have to have blood monitoring and thyroid panels done every few months.  He said those cost about $200 every six month plus office visits.  He advised me not to take the dog.  I let Lisa know that my Vet said this disease is more serious than she had stated and advised me to walk away.

BEWARE:  Do not give this woman money.  Do not get into any kind of verbal agreements or even written for that matter.  She is not upfront and forthright until AFTER she gets your money and then she refuses to give it back.  She paints a perfect picture of a free dog without telling you upfront that it will cost you nearly $1000 in shipping and other fees that must meet her demands and she fails to mention a life long treatment of a serious illness.