Complaint Review: Brakes Plus

Baseline and Hwy 287
    Lafayette, Colorado
    USA

Brakes Plus $21.99 Oil change is actually $37 Lafayette Colorado

*Author of original report: title change

I questioned the manager about the price. "How can you afford to offer this service (an oil change) for only $21.99. His reply, I'm sure we are losing money. I also asked him if that was the total cost, he replyed yes. When presented with the bill the price was $37.00 This included a $10 labor cost, a $3.50 shop fee and a $3 disposal fee. I feel the manager was deliberatley deceptive and did not give me a straight answer when I questioned him about the cost. I asked the guy who gave me the bill how come the oil change was not $21.99 He said it was, but the price didn't include the shop fee or disposal fee. He didn't say anything about the additinonal labor cost. I feel like my experience is analogis to buying a 99 cent burger at MacDonalds and being charger to dispose of the wrapper and paying the cook an extra dollar to cook the burger.

Bottom line, I would never return to this business for anything. They are dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/brakes-plus/lafayette-colorado-80026/brakes-plus-2199-oil-change-is-actually-37-lafayette-colorado-1124651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

title change

AUTHOR: frank - ()

I got the name of the business mixed up in my last report. It should be Just Brakes not Brakes Plus. I would have changed this mistake in the roiginal but there is not a way to do it.