Complaint Review: Breakthrough Events, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, August 01, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, August 01, 2013
  • Reported By: Caseofthefakeppl — Frederick Maryland
  • Breakthrough Events, Inc.
    129 E. Patrick St.Suite 13
    Frederick, Maryland
    USA

Breakthrough Events, Inc. SCAM JOB INTERVIEW---WORK FOR FREE--- Frederick Maryland

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: WOW!

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the heads up

Do not waste time going to interview for them.  They will tell you that its a management training program.  They just want you to work for free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/breakthrough-events-inc/frederick-maryland-21703/breakthrough-events-inc-scam-job-interview-work-for-free-frederick-maryland-1072130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

WOW!

AUTHOR: ashleyajohnson - ()

I am amazed at what people believe without even asking questions or giving anything a chance. I am a current employee at Breakthrough Events and I know for a fact I don't "Work for free". I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to believe that they would have a full-time job and not get paid? It is a management training program, where you are out in the field hosting events to promote and advertise clients products. Customers can buy the products from you. You get paid a base hourly as well as a percentage of the sales you make, and you also recieve money for gas. Everytime you're at the office for a meeting you get paid, you get paid to travel to and from the events, and you get paid for the hours you are in the store promoting the products.

Two weeks ago, I recieved my paycheck and had to pay a lot of bills. My dog unexpectidely got sick and I had a ton of vet bills to pay and not enough money saved for an emergency like this. My hiring manager gave me an advance on my next paycheck, so my dog could have the surgery.

I'm glad I didn't believe the one negative review posted about this company, over the many positive ones. I decided to give the company a shot and I will never regret my decision. I love working here and I can't imagine working anywhere else that would have such a great oppertunity, kind employees, and hard workers.

Thanks for the heads up

AUTHOR: Barbie - ()

OMG... I was defintely selected to come for a 2nd round of interview. Thanks for the heads up. I honestly don't want to waste my time. The 2nd round of interview was in catonsville, which is 1 HR and 15 mins away. I would have been pissed if I drove all the way up there for the 2nd round of interview and then they told me I had to work for free. The 1st interview was super short and It didn't give me chance to ask all my questions.  AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP .. It defintely saved me time.