Report: #1320538

• Reported By: Rita — Olathe Kansas USA
  • Brink's Prepaid MasterCard

Nationwide
    USA

Brink's Prepaid MasterCard NetSpend, BoFl Federal Bank Highly questionable and unethical business Nationwide

*General Comment: Jim your an a*s

*Consumer Comment: One Question

I made the mistake of ordering a Brinks Prepaid MasterCard. I have used the card for two days now and this is what has happened thus far: I noticed a debit on the account for $29.95 to OurTime.com. I called 'customer service' to let them know I didn't make this charge. The rep (unfortunately I didn't get her name because I didn't know this was going to become a huge mess and hassle). At the time I had a balance of approximately $350 in the account (money that was to go towards my rent which is due no later than the 3rd of each month). The next thing I know , the rep has closed my account! I have no way to access the $350! She tells me, 'I have closed your account' and I ask her why she closed it over a $30 charge and how was I to get my $350??? She said that it's Brinks policy to close an account even though the customer will no longer have access to their money!! Is this legal? A customer calls about a $30 dispute and the next thing I know I'm now out $350??? Of course, I run to the closest ATM to get my money so I can pay rent but the card was declined! I call Brinks back, demand to speak to a supervisor and get put on hold for 34 minutes. I call a second time, and get the run around a second time. My second call to Brinks has now lasted 27 minutes and I'm still waiting. I've worked in a call center before, I know the games companies play on their customers. Put the irate customer on hold indefinitely because they will eventually get tired of waiting and hang-up. I want and need MY money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2016 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/brinks-prepaid-mastercard/nationwide/brinks-prepaid-mastercard-netspend-bofl-federal-bank-highly-questionable-and-unethical-1320538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Jim your an a*s

AUTHOR: Johnny - (USA)

So you are giving out advice now, you don't know these ppl our their situation saint jim whom never probably made a mistake or was late for anything

One Question

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Why are you messing around with a card like this in the first place? Get a checking account at a bank near you so if need be, you can go in person? Let me guess...a history of overdraft fees due to account mismanagement.