Complaint Review: Broadway Photo, A&M Photo

• Reported By: Hoboken New Jersey
  • Broadway Photo, A&M Photo
    bwayphoto.com
    Brooklyn, New York

Broadway Photo, A&M Photo ripoff, bait and switch, fraudulent billing, scam artists, high pressure sales Brooklyn New York

*Author of original report: File Online Complaint to NYS Attorney Generals Office

Broadway Photo is running a scam! Fraud! I bought a brand new digital camera for my brother for Christmas. They called to verify my address and upsold me a battery for what they said was $39.99. They tried to sell me a memory card, warranty and various other things I refused.

When I got the camera it was not sealed (used) they charged me $79 for the battery, and the $19.99 I agreed to pay for 3 day shipping changed to $39.99. I called and they said I asked for overnight freight shipping with protection. I got them to adjust the price luckily.

When I gave my brother the camera at Christmas, we found it was broken. By then it had been 7 days which was their return policy on items. I called and argued and they offered to fix it, but I didn't want a broken used camera.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and Attorney Generals Office regarding the phone scam, the bait and switch scam...and a week later they called me and said that I could return it (Eileen Brady xt 214)and gave me a return authorization code. I returned it Fed Ex overnight and its been 2 weeks with no refund.

I have disputed the transaction with my credit card company today. When I called to dispute this, I was told this was being fast tracked with VISA and they indicated that this company is in serious trouble with Visa. It got a special dispensation and I was told I would be contacted for additional information. I was also told that VISA was investigating this company for serious compliance issues. DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!!

They now have my money and the camera/accessories back....

Christine
Hoboken, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2006 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/broadway-photo-am-photo/brooklyn-new-york-07030/broadway-photo-am-photo-ripoff-bait-and-switch-fraudulent-billing-scam-artists-high-174410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

File Online Complaint to NYS Attorney Generals Office

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

Please everyone file a complaint online with the NYS Attorney Generals Office. They only act to prosecute/close a business if there are enough complaints, and from what I see out there, if everyone filed a report, there would be enough to put these guys out of business! To file a complaint online go to http://www.oag.state.ny.us/internet/complaintspage.html