Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sun, March 22, 2009

• Reported By:Montreal Quebec
Bruce Margolese
5999 Monkland Avenue Montreal, Quebec Canada

Bruce Margolese Bruce Margolese or Margolis collected money for a class action suit that never took off Montreal Quebec Canada

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: It Is Beyond My Understanding How Anyone Can Be Allowed To Post Unverified Slander

Wow I can't believe I finally found this thief. I hope I can warn others about this scam artist before he finds another victim.

While living at 5999 Monkland Avenue, Margolese decided to start a tenants committee to fight our new landlord's rent increase. We had a meeting at his apartment where he told us he was a professional litigator and has won many class action suits. He told us he would devote all his time to battling against these increases free of charge. He said though in order to help him he would kindly ask that we "donate $20, $50, whatever we can in order to play the lawyer fees". To put a long story short he made off with what we figure out to be close to $1000 that night and a few days later he left the building without refunding us or even fighting the battle for us.

After speaking to many people in our building we found out he was the famous Bruce Margolese who has a history of scamming money out of people. I work hard for my money and I don't like the fact this a*s took money from me while I thought I was helping him pay for legal fees. I hope someone out there reads this and thinks twice before giving him any money.

Maria
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bruce-margolese/montreal-quebec/bruce-margolese-bruce-margolese-or-margolis-collected-money-for-a-class-action-suit-that-n-260520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bruce Margolese

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Bruce W - (Canada)

I lived at 5999 Monkland PH5 and indeed I was the head of the Monkland's Tenant Association.

There never was a cost to anyone. I held the meeting in my home. I served refreshments. I paid all costs. This person Maria has no credibility as to her insane claim. I expect that she or he since the poster is not known to anyone has their own hidden agenda for trying to cause harm to an individual who had only the interests of the tenants at 5999 Monkland Avenue.

Of course I can prove my comments are true by a court action but since the poster does not even identify themselves that is hard to do however it is always a possibility.

Civil and Criminal damages are in order for any Canadian individual who violates the Canadian Charter of Human Rights.

If anyone would like to contact the writer than please call at (514) 690-8121

This indeed is a nonsensical situation however it does do serious damage by having it made public without even the ability to face your accuser. Basic laws do not give anyone the right to slander, libel or accuse without going through Due Process.

Bruce Warren Margolese