Complaint Review: Brunswick Zone

• Reported By: Naperville Illinois
  • Brunswick Zone
    1515 W. Aurora Avenue
    Naperville, Illinois

Well yesterday I went to one of the Brunswick Zone Bowl places in Naperville. I was charged 268.88 for bowling instead of 26.88 wow (maybe the balls are made out of gold. NOT!). The manager realized that she totally screwed up and it took her like half and hour to fix it while I was standing next to the cashier waiting like an idiot. She could have just paid me back in cash so at least I would have money for Christmas and the holiday. It will take another week or more to get my money back, if I ever get it back. Thanks for messing up my winter break. There is no way I am ever going back to brunswick, cause those guys don't seem to take their jobs seriously.

Vick
Naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2007 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/brunswick-zone/naperville-illinois-60540/brunswick-zone-brunswick-zone-overcharging-never-use-your-cards-there-naperville-illinois-294143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

FYI

AUTHOR: Vick - (U.S.A.)

hey my card isnt some messed up card it's a normal one and when i go to like best buy if they screw it up i get my money back instantly plus this wasn't a store but a bowling club where you don't buy stuff you pay a little money to play a little bowling.

FYI

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Looked back over "MY" visa and MC merchant agreements. It states in "MY" agreements, I'm not allowed to give cash back. It may be different for some other establishments, depending upon their agreements. I don't know why they just didn't void out the ticket and re-ring the correct amount. I did have a customer come in and purchase an item and return it a couple hours later. It was on one of those weird, secured, off brand visa cards.

I tried to void or return the item on my terminal and it would still take FIVE days for him to be refunded his money. He wanted me to fax a letter to his credit card company, which I did. The company told me it would STILL take FIVE days. He was crying and moaning and wanted me to give him cash which I WASN'T gonna do. I didn't screw up. He bought the item and returned it. I think he WAS trying to get cash and not pay the high percentage. Not my problem.

...

AUTHOR: Vick - (U.S.A.)

she did add it as a refund then she made me sign some crap which made no sense she paid me i paid here back and forth heck when i called the bank they said they don't even see a refund actually on my account, if I don't get my money back they can expect a big chaos next week :)

Accidents happen

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It may be bad customer service but it is not a rip off. They made a mistake, by entering an extra 8, but then corrected it. It is not like you actually will end up paying the $268.88.

Have you verified this transaction with your bank. There is actually a function in the credit card terminals to "void" a transaction, as if it never happend. If she did not do this and processed it as a refund, then she could have done it better.

Wow, that is awful.

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

That really stinks. I wonder why the manager couldn't just give you cash so you could deposit the money at your ATM or whatever. I know all too well how it takes WAY longer to get the money back than to have it taken out. :(