Complaint Review: Budget Blinds

7100 W. 44th Avenue
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado
    United States of America

Budget Blinds Michael Zarlengo He installed a faulty rod. Wheat Ridge, Colorado

I purchased the Hunter Douglas Luminesse sheer vertical blinds from Budget Blinds, Michael Zarlengo in April 2012.  Which by the way, cost over $1200 just for the sliding glass door so this was not an inexpensive item.  I realized very quickly that I was unable to open the blinds.  I called Michael Zarlengo in probably June of 2012 and I told him the problem.  He came out after a few phone calls, and he checked the problem. He found that the rod was bent.  He told me that he would order a new rod and I figured he would take care of the problem in short order.   I called him several times over the course of the summer and he kept putting me off, telling me that he would order the part.

Time went on, phone calls were made and still....nothing.  Last week, November 8th I called and I let him know that I was not happy.  At that time, he supposedly made a call to Hunter Douglas and ordered the part.  He then set up an appointment to replace the broken rod for the following Thursday, which is todaym, November 15th.  I waited and no one showed up!  I noticed that he had called and left me a message.  The message said, "I have the part and let's set up a time to get this done."

I called him, he did not answer his cell phone, and I said, "it's obvious that you don't remember this, but we already set up a time to get this done, it was this morning!"  I called him several times and he did not answer his phone.  I finally called the complaints department of Hunter Douglas corporate office in Broomfield, CO and made a formal complaint.  This has gone on far too long and I am not at all happy with his customer service.  I have several other windows that need new blinds but I will not be using him.  I will be calling Innovative Openings in Louisville, CO.  They did some of my windows and they did a wonderful job.  I would highly recommend them.  I will not recommend Michael Zarlengo to anyone.  His customer service is absolutely unacceptable.  He lost any future business that I would have given to him because of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-blinds/wheat-ridge-colorado-80033/budget-blinds-michael-zarlengo-he-installed-a-faulty-rod-wheat-ridge-colorado-969655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content