Complaint Review: Budget Brakes

Airport Rd
    Mobile, Alabama

Budget Brakes Excessive Cost not needed Mobile Alabama

*Consumer Comment: You Aren't The Only One

I went to have my brakes replaced because they were making noise. I use to run an auto shop so I knew what needed to be done.I was called an hour later with a quote of $500.00.

I immediately called and got price on parts from a local auto parts store which equalled $100.00. And knew that it only takes 1-2 hours labor. Labor usually runs at most $50.00 an hour and they could not tell me why it was going to be so much.

I then took my car elsewhere and found out only the front brakes needed replacing not the back as I was orginally told and it was 400.00 dollars cheaper. They thought because I was a female they could get away with charging outrageous prices.

Jennifer
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2008 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-brakes/mobile-alabama-36606/budget-brakes-excessive-cost-not-needed-mobile-alabama-308883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You Aren't The Only One

AUTHOR: Andrew_87 - (U.S.A.)

Budget Brakes is ripping people off all the time. A lot of people don't even know it. I was a victim on the Huntsville, AL branch. They were trying to charge me for parts I didn't need, even told me my brake cylinder had oil in it (what the heck?) then told me my car wasn't drivable because the brakes were to bad when I told them I was going to have a second lookat somewhere else. Since it was late and I didn't want to call a tow truck i had the work done like a idiot but didn't sign the agreement papers.

I did though contact the Alabama Attorney General and the BBB and BB called me and told them cops are trying to investigate them and get the report off them i told them heck no and hung up.

I really advise you to file the issue with the Consumer Attorney General for Alabama. They need to be shut down and be out of buisness. Jeesh, why can't they be honest like Topline, Goodyear, Express Oil Change, Firestone....

I also suggest you check out:

Part 2: