Complaint Review: Budget rent a car

• Budget rent a car
    6 Sylvan Way
    Parsippany, New Jersey
    United States of America

Budget rent a car Avis Budget Left Dad Stranded, Bugdet accept reservation online but doing dad travel reaching the destination of car pick up Budget would not rent. Parsippany, New Jersey

I made reservations online with Cheaptickets dot com from the midwest of the USA, to Chattanooga TN over 600 miles from home. Budget accepted the car rental reservation only to find out when I got to Chattanooga that they would not rent me a car because they do a credit check on people using a debt card. I was not informed of this at the time I made reservations. Budget just says the accept dept cards if you fly in the airport with a return flight. I met that criteria but I did not pass the credit reporting agency test.

So, they said they were unable to verify my credit and there fore I could not rent a car. I have my own car insurance and they still would not rent to me. The problem is that they should be more transparent with their policies so people would understand and not be stranded. I am making this complaint because I called to discuss my concerns with them on this problem, they just blown me off. I spoke with someone named Kavis, and he was ok but he just let me know that this is how Budget does business and the do not have the capabilities to run this credit check online to let a customer know until they are at their destination.

I knew that this problems was not going to go any further then Kavis, so I asked to speck with his supervisor so they can forward this problem to the owners or shareholders. I spoke with Nicholas, and he was not even trying to hear me. He was very cocky and rude. He did not care and let me know that Budget is aware of the problem and they said this is how they do business and that if a person do not have credit then they do not want to do business with them. This is fine I just would have liked to know this before I got to my destination and was stranded with my little son.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-rent-a-car/parsippany-new-jersey-07054/budget-rent-a-car-avis-budget-left-dad-stranded-bugdet-accept-reservation-online-but-doin-931607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content