Complaint Review: Budget Truck Rental

• Reported By: BatmanReturns — Toledo Ohio United States of America
  • Budget Truck Rental

Internet
    United States of America

Budget Truck Rental "reservation" means nothing unless you want to cancel one, Internet

I made a truck reservation 2 days ago (for tomorrow AM 6/23). The instructions on the reservation are to call the location 24 hr in advance to confirm availability of the reserved truck. I called this AM to check and found out that not only does my location not have a truck, they have 5 reservations and no truck for any of them for tomorrow AM.

I contacted the Inventory control center and was told there would be a search for a truck. This afternoon I placed another call both to the store and Inventory and was again told there is no available truck located to this point I was told by the inventory control/customer service representative that there was no guarantee of an actual truck at the time of the reservation, that there was only a guarantee for the rate. Per my reservation email..."The pickup location, drop-off location, time of rental and date of rental selected in a reservation is a preference only and if a preference selected is not available, Budget reserves the right to offer a customer alternatives." I have not been offered any alternatives, I have simply been told that there is no truck available, none can be located, and that I should just continue waiting to see if one shows up.

My credit card was required to make the reservation and according to my email (at the time of the reservation confirmation) I was informed that if I cancel with less than 48 hr advance notice I would be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. There is no way to cancel with more than 48 hr notice since you cannot even tell me whether or not there might be a truck located for my reservation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2011 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-truck-rental/internet/budget-truck-rental-reservation-means-nothing-unless-you-want-to-cancel-one-internet-743955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content