Complaint Review: Burlington Coat Factory

• Burlington Coat Factory
    16895 Torrance Rd.
    Lansing, Illinois

Burlington Coat Factory Refund Ripoff Lansing Illinois

On or about 12/1/07 I purchase some items at Burlington. On 12/10/07 I had determined that items were the wrong color and went to return them. I has paid cash for the items. When I asked for a refund, I was told that I had 2 option, first they could issue me a store credit, or my refund request would be sent to their Corp offices and my refund would be processed in 8 wks. I found both option ridulous and asked to speak with a manager. He informed me this was the story policy. I then informed that manager that he could process my request for a refund from Corp. and that I would wait 8 weeks to get my cash back. It is now 2/23/08 and I have yet to receive my refund.

I am filing this complaint because people need to know about Burlington Coat Factory and their refund policies. I will NEVER shop at this store again. They do not advertise their store's refund policy, which I belive they should. The fine is barely visible on the backside of your receipt. I'm having a hard time understanding why Corp would need 8 wks to process a refund. Meanwhile, they've gotten they're returned items and had my money in their account for over 12 weeks now. You tell me isn't something wrong with this picture.

Jada
South Holland, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2008 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/burlington-coat-factory/lansing-illinois-60473/burlington-coat-factory-refund-ripoff-lansing-illinois-311396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content