• Report: #209749
Complaint Review:

Burnfat2 - hoodia

  • Submitted: Wed, September 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, September 21, 2006

  • Reported By:San Leandro California
Burnfat2 - hoodia
857 West South Jordan Parkway Sandy, Utah U.S.A.

Burnfat2 - hoodia Burn Fat ripoff scam cancelled the product and 6 months later found a charge under a new name Sandy Utah, Mission Viejo California *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: get your $$$$$ back

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

My initial trial sample with BurnFat2 was not received in 14 days & after the 14 days the terms of the agreement state that you are commited to a 90 day purchase costing $99.90/ I called up the provided number before the 14 day period to complain that I had not received my product and was starting to suspect the company's ethics and canceled.

With much frustration as I had to call more than once as the first time I cancelled they confirmed with me but then charged me. I called again, and they acted dumb and stupid to the first cancellation saying they had no record. I wrote down info I thought necessary and forgot about it until I was checking my bank statement online 6 months later.

I was charged $69.95 from Hoodia Burn Fat in Mission Viejo,CA without authoriazation. I called my bank immediately and was given the 866-370-7271 number to call and get refunded. So I tried calling the number but an automated operater response stated that the lines were temporarily busy and call later. I redialed until I lost patience and called the bank again just to report it as fraud period.

I got to the fraud Claims Dept and was helped with a 3 way call to a new number 866-566-0959 and then received voice mail to leave info. So a fraud report was made with my bank and I put a stop payment request on them but was told if they change their name I will be charged again.

This is ridiculous! It's wasting my time and patience. They think they can slip a charge on your account after time has passed without you noticing! Well I noticed and they are thieves and need to be stopped. Trying to steal my money and then stealing my time, and my banks time.

I still have the original term and conditions from "How the offer works" and after reading it again noticed they twist up requirements. They state cancellation proceedures and list that you can before the 14 day period with a certified letter, and/or email and then at the end state email does not constitute cancellation. Thankfully I just went all out but here I am again. 6 months later!

San Leandro, California

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2006 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/burnfat2-hoodia/sandy-utah/burnfat2-hoodia-burn-fat-ripoff-scam-cancelled-the-product-and-6-months-later-found-a-ch-209749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burnfat2 - hoodia

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

get your $$$$$ back

AUTHOR: Tammie - (U.S.A.)

I was ripped off too. Please call the utah department of consumer protection. They know this guy. He has been sued by the state of Utah and there are funds in place to get your money back. I got mine back a few weeks ago.

Tammie Ogdensburg,NY
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?