• Report: #1119492
Complaint Review:

California DCSS and State Disbursement Unit

  • Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

  • Reported By: JenniferM — California
California DCSS and State Disbursement Unit
West Sacramento, California USA

California DCSS and State Disbursement Unit California Department of Child Support, California State Disbursement Unit Stole my child support payment, refuses to send me the $22,000 they received for my son West Sacramento California

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

 My sons father and I have a private child support order for our son instead of going through the local California Child Support department for enforcement. This is because they are notorious for destroying peoples lives and failing to send the custodial parent the money they collect. Originally I had a case open with them and I didnt receive the money they would automatically deduct from my sons fathers paycheck so I closed the case with them and we handled it between ourselves. In September he was laid off work after 23 years and was informed he would receive a final severance check based on 11 months of pay.

We decided to calculate the child support payment based on this amount of time and decided he would pre-pay me $22,000 for 11 months of pay that he was receiving @ $2,000 per month which would cover the time period of October through December 2013 because he had already been hired on at a new company to begin in January. So in October we went to court and had the order signed by the judge to have the $22,000 deducted directly from his severance check at work and sent to me for our son.

According to the law, in order for the money to be directly cut from his check the payment had to be sent to the California State Disbursement Unit in West Sacramento and then forwarded by them to me. So on November 08, 2013 the money was deducted from his check and wired directly to the Ca State Disbursement Unit. Since then I have contacted them on several occasions and they refuse to tell me anything other then that they have the account in Financial Review and to be patient. I have been waiting almost 3 months for payment and they won't tell me anything.

The representatives are rude and treat me like I am asking for government welfare money. I have asked for supervisor's to call me back and they refuse. The reps hang up on me and tell me to be patient or deal with it. This is my money that my sons father sent to me yet they act like the money belongs to them. The only thing I can do is mail in a complaint and then wait around another month to hear back from them or to be able to file for a state hearing. I don't understand why I have to file in court to force them to mail me the money they garnished from his check.

How can they legally garnish a paycheck of $22,000 and then refuse to send the money to where it belongs. Is that not fraud? The courts force a parent to have it sent directly to them to supposedly guarantee the order gets paid and then they steal the money and there is nothing you can do about it because they hang up on you when you call them. I have sent them 5 requests online for status about the case and the message each time is exactly the same, case is in Financial Review Be Patient and then they close the case.

Meanwhile 3 months later I am broke with no money and on the verge of not being able to pay my mortgage and be able to pay bills, food or medicine for my child. Do I have to file for Welfare services in order to get any money? They pretend the non custodial parent isn't paying but the truth is they kept the payment for themselves instead of sending it to me. What a fraud this entire system is. What can be done to force them to send me the money that was sent to them? Because of them I had no money for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/california-dcss-and-state-disbursement-unit/west-sacramento-california-95798-9076/california-dcss-and-state-disbursement-unit-california-department-of-child-support-calif-1119492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California DCSS and State Disbursement Unit

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?