Report: #32001

Complaint Review: California Department of Child Support Services

  • Submitted: Mon, October 07, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Reported By: BARSTOW CA
  • California Department of Child Support Services
    752 La Guardia Street
    Salinas, California

California Department of Child Support Services charged late fees placed negative information in credit profile garnished wages and bank account bank fees added state tax refund Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: FILE

*Consumer Comment: FATHER'S RIGHTS

*Consumer Comment: LAW LIBRARY

*General Comment: California Child Support

*General Comment: calvery is coming

*General Comment: Garnishment not only for deadbeats

*Consumer Comment: Ok ...

*UPDATE Employee: Irene16 - "you picked him"

*Consumer Comment: You Picked Him

*UPDATE Employee: Women advocate for Dads - Stereotyping?!

*Consumer Comment: Funny, you complain about the state taking money from him...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: judicial lien recorded for the failure to support

*General Comment: Florida state attorney's office out of control! Where is the due process?

*General Comment: Responce

*Consumer Comment: DCSS Illegal Practices

*General Comment: No Sharon, the Dads are not Kidding

*Consumer Comment: California DCSS

*Consumer Comment: California DCSS

*Consumer Comment: California DCSS

*Consumer Comment: Move?

*Consumer Comment: You poor people

*Consumer Suggestion: The cavalry is coming

*Consumer Comment: Sharon: maybe the laws are different in Texas but I wouldn't trust anyone in charge of child support enforcement

*Consumer Comment: For Melissa... Apparently, California has an entirely different set of laws than Texas when it comes to child support

*Consumer Suggestion: complaint to the los angeles support services FROM DEADBEAT

*Consumer Comment: Some Suggestions

*Consumer Comment: Just to Clarify Something

*Consumer Comment: The Abuse is Real

*Consumer Comment: Child Support Services commits illegal activities

*Author of original report: THE ABUSE CONTINUES!!!

*Consumer Comment: CSS Ripping us off one DAD at a time

*Consumer Comment: Child Support Services are very good at taking money from people...

*Consumer Suggestion: You're kidding, right?

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

While my child support payments are under garnishment order to a federal financial institution, which is not under my control. Child support services has reflected my child support payments as deliquent and in the arrears.

As a consequency this negative information has been placed in my credit profile. In addition, Child Support Services has been charging me interest/late fees on the arrears amount, garnishing my bank account for the arrears amount (causing an additional fee from the bank) and garnishing my state tax refund.

All this has been done to me due to the incompetence and refusal of a federal institution to obey federal guidelines as well as the inflecxibility of accounting procedures applied by the Child Support Services to manually adjust my account information and their concern not to lose federal funding. As related to me "If the system works for 99 % who cares if it does not work for you".

Further, we (meaning Child Support Services) have only committed fraud if you can prove we knew this was not your fault and we did it anyway. Morally, ethically and legally I have and am being abused by Child Support Services through fraudulent practices that require I pay fund needlessly. Where are my rights?

Barstow, California
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2002 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: TheRight2Know - (USA)

Attorneys' for the Department of Child Support Services are not your attorney, these attorneys do not represent you, the other party or the said minor.  The Department represents public policy.  If you would like to resolve a matter you must file a motion and go to the Court to file, not hand it in to the Department.  The Department is not legally responsible for your case.  The Department is ONLY interested in public policy although it may seem as if the Department is taking another parent's side over yours.

The law library in your area is an excellence source to find out what type of motion you should file and how to prepare such a motion.  Once you prepare the Motion find out the local court rules in regards to service and filing and fees.  The court rules will also convey how many days the other party has to respond and who recieves such Motion.  The Motion will obtain you a Court date.  

The Department does not file on your behalf unless it is for public policy, however you have the right to prepare your documents and file them yourself and obtain a Court date.

Child support arrears can also be determined in regards to amount owed, interest and late fees (if any) and this determination is by a Motion.  All the questions you have for the department or the other party in a child support case is better requested through a Motion.  Research Motion and you will see what a Motion is.  Here in California you may file an Request for Order.  Check the State website and/or local court to see how to file such document.

By the way, Child Support Arrears are subject to bank account levys, liens, suspension of license, tax intercept and so on and so on.  With that being said, you may try to do a Motion to audit your arrears and the interest rate.  All of your requests/questions must be through a Motion if you want the appropriate respone, hence a legal response.  Also, check into Jackson Credit (Jackson v. Jackson) to see if this may apply to you and if any of the money that you owe was due to the other party receiving public assistance.  If you owe the state in certain circumstances it can be waived (that is a motion too).

Speaking to the Department can be replaced by obtaining a complete copy of your file to see what has been filed by the County and/or the other party in your case.  Know you case and your legal rights.  

Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: TheRight2Know - (USA)

Fathers (California)

It may seem as though many off you do not have rights, however that is far from the truth.  Family law is complex and requries more than research it requries understanding the research you have done.  First of all your documents need to be prepared correctly and professionally and with the proper content, especially your Income & Expense Declaration along with your declaration/exhibits and any law that accomplishes the goal you are trying to convey to the Court. 

Research patticular types of motions and case laws that should be contained in such motion.  I would suggest you find an attorney that SPECIALIZES  in family law because they dont have to do research most of them have been practicing that particular part of the law that they know it like the back of their hand.

If you are having a problem with the Deparrment, simply go to their website and the website will advise you on whom to write also see who the director is and write them as well.  

Your frustration and humiliation can best be described in a motion to file with the Court, be sure to check you local court rules regarding courts policy and procedures. Also, I would read scholary articles whereas the subject matter is on child support - there too you will find cases and discussions on cases and why the appellate court reversed such decision by the trial court.

Use the State Court website as a tool - you will find unbelievable information there.

I would research terms used and/or case law used on all of the Departments forms.  Get a complete copy of your file to see all of the documents filed.  Also, you can always respond to a response it is often known as an opposition in legal terms.  I would research how to prepare for trial and it is usually the same in all states.  A trial is a trial, verify your court rules on trials and procedures.

I hope this was of some help.  I am sure you are a terrific dad and I know often times we all forget how special dads are.  

Remember eveything goes back to basics-who, what, when, where and how.  Always ask questions.  You can win an argument based on that alone.      

Respond to this report!

#3 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: TheRight2Know - (USA)

The Department of Child Support Services is not excluded from the law. Unfortunately, most of us cannot afford legal representation, however most of us can read.  I would suggest that everyone takes time out of their day and do research on case law which will allow you the opportunity to learn how the law works and also to allow you to recognize if any of your legal rights have been violated.

Child support, child support arrears, child support modification, modification of child support arrears, child custody, are just the few circumstances in Family Law and Family Law is complex especially if you do not know the case law and/or family sections codes that surround such.

Two words to assist you in custody issues in California: 1. The best interest rule 2. Change in Circumstances.  The best interest rule is usually used when you first bring a petition for such to Court.  A change in circumstances is used in modifications hearings in both custody and support. 

F.Y,I. Title I.V. attorneys (The Department of Child Support Services) do not represent either party they represent public policy, although they may seem to be bias at times, however I would suggest to be kind anyways.  It is a lot easier when you know your rights.

I would suggest that you seek legal advice from a Family Law Certified Specialist.  If such attorney has a consultation fee, I would pay it.  These type of attorneys' specialize in ONLY Family Law and they should have FLCS behing their name which identifies them as such.  You can also research attorneys through the State Bar to find out their creditials. 

If you decide to go to the law library, simply ask an employee their where the books are located on your family law issue and they will direct you to all of the books and those books will inform you on what motions to file, case laws and family codes.  Motions can be difficult, however for some of you whom are unemployed this will be a great advantage to use your time constructively.

Some of the key words you might want to use when researching on the internet:

Jackson Credit / Modification in child support & child custody / arrears set at zero / best interest rule / change in circumstances / how to write a declaration / exhibits / how to prepare for trial.  There is nothing in law that is easy but if you know how to read and comprehend you should do just fine.  If you do not understand a legal term look it up by using Black Laws Dictionary. Use YouTube to view court cases and discussions from judges and attorneys on family law issues.  There is TOO much information nowadays to not be able to learn how to do something or convey on paper.  Additionally, check your court rules to make sure that you are in compliance with such rules such as timing.   Also look at Family Law attorney websites and do not listen to friends and family if they are now well rehearsed in family law (I know someone...). 

With that being said, your Declaration should be clear and concise.  Do not put anything in your declaration that is insignifficant.  Your declaration should be about the best interest of said minor or the change in circumstances that requrie a modification in child support or child custody.       

Also, if you have time go sit in a court room to see how to litigate and understand how judges rule on a particular family law issue.

If you know your rights, you will learn how to protect your rights.     

I wish all of you well.



Respond to this report!

#4 General Comment

California Child Support

AUTHOR: doodles828 - (Uruguay)

My husband has paid his child support and his child is now 27.  California though still has him owing over $5,000 for arrears and $17,000 for interest.  Let me tell you, I did my homework.  Just be clear....if any of you pay child support in California, you must keep records.  I did call the DCSS and was told that was what he owed.  No, somebody better send me a Full Audit Family History Report.  I received 2 pages from 1991 to 1998.  There were no monthly charges for the mother receiving anything.  Wrote them again, because calling them is useless, to receive the rest of the report, nothing.  Mind you this has been going on for over 3 years now.  I finally wrote another letter this October, and the Ombudsperson sent me a "Simple Report".  Needless to say, this report starts with the Support date, runs it up until the child is 18 with interest. All well and good but completely wrong.  The original Family Support Account History and the Simple Report does not even match.  Not only that, his monthly statement which shows his past due amounts, doesn't match to either report.  So I did some digging and broke down whatever I could and low and behold found the problem.  Everyone needs to do this.  California Child Support adds 10% simple, remember this word, SIMPLE interest to your principal balance annually.  So, if you owe $9,000, your interest is $900.00 for the year.  That $900.00 must be divided by 12, which gives you a monthly interest rate of $75.00.  This monthly rate should never change until the year is up.  So if your payment is $9.000, and new month comes in, monthly payment is $200.00 it should show:  $9,000 + 210.00 + $75.00= $9,285.00.  Next month, if nothing was paid: 

$9,285.00 + $200.00 + 75.00= $9560.00.  Again this interest rate remains the same for 12 months.  Once the 12 months are up, and if payments were made, your ending total for the year will then start again with the 10% divided by 12 and that is your new interest amount for the year.  But Kern County also did not apply payments correctly either.  Your payment should go to current, then principal then interest.  They do not do that, which is why you will be paying child support until you are 90 and your child is 60.

California does not, and I mean, does not do this and this is why your Principal balance will never go down.  California, or at least Kern County, has been compounding interest.  Which is taking the principal, multiplying by 10% dividing by 12 adding together.  But, then they take the new total, multiply by 10%, divide by 12 and give a new balance.  They are charging interest upon interest, which they cannot do.   So every month your interest is climbing. So now, I have been writing back and forth again, and yesterday sent my last letter to the Ombudsperson.  I showed them all of this, couldn't have put it any simpler, even sent the laws on 10% Simple Interest and showed them how the difference between simple and compounded interest.  By the way, I told them they have 14 days to send my full report, plus my refund check, because they will owe me.  If they do not respond, I have my package all ready for the Governor's Office along with the AG. 

Be very vigilant on receiving your full family support history.  You need to be able to see exactly when it started, payments you made, how they applied your payment to your principal and interest.  It has to be Simple Interest. 

I have never been so disgusted with a County Department as I am with Kern County, CA.  I work for a County Department in Pennsylvania, so I know what the laws are, and believe me, they are breaking them. 

As I stated, I have my package ready for the Governor and AG.  I also told the Ombudsperson, the News Media will be contacting you as to why you have been ripping off the residents of CA for so many years.  CA representatives says so much money is owed the State in arrears, billions.  Really???  Maybe you should start checking everyones account and seeing that they have been compounding interest, which now the STATE will owe residents Billions for ripping them off. 

 Get your full Family Support History Account and do not take NO for an answer.


All the best


Pissed in Pennsylvania


Respond to this report!

#5 General Comment

calvery is coming

AUTHOR: johnnie - ()

I too was put into this system under a fraudulent claim. Totally railroaded and stripped of dignity. After a job injury and major operation cost me my job, the nightmare really began. I am 55 years old with 3 minor children.

My ex wife put me in this system filing that i was 3 months behind payments 3 months following divorce. My wages were immidiately garnished $400.00 a month above my requirment for over a year. I provided copies of the tendered checks to calif child support collection agency attourney and it was completely ignored. This is when i became familiar with what i now call their " 3 month syndrom " system. 

In jan 2012 my ex contacted me complaining she hadent recieved her payment. My records indicated she did. I called the collection agency to enquire as to why she haddent been pay'd and was told their records indicated she was paid. At this time i was told by the agency supervisor that in fact i was paid up untill march 15th 2012 and with witnesses over speaker phone had the lady confirm this 3 times. Ok so if im overpaid for 3 months which made sense to me sense i overpaid $400 month for a year, im not required to pay anything till march 2012. At this point i am on workers comp fighting for my operations and had not been informed by my employer yet i was terminated and no longer had a job. Being in this system makes you look irresponsable and gives the employer a tool against you.

March 2012 comes around and i recieve 3 letters on the 12, 13, 14th, dated the 1st, 3rd, & 1st of march 2012, informing me that i am 3 months behind again. Also on the 14th of march i recieved the termination of employment letter from my employer (When it rains it pours) and without representation from their fake inhouse union. I contacted the collection agency supervisor and found again i had no rights at all as a human being. I am at this time living off wc pay and allready had to give up my home i built for my girls due to the outrageous support demand slowly drained me. Common ive learned.

The supervisor had me send $100.00 to keep my dl active, but i sent a $200 money order all i had at the time. The following week when i got my check i sent $400 money order. In the meantime they attempted to attach my bank account which cost me $250 of funds i could not spare. Two weeks later i was about to send another $400 money order when i noticed they now had my wc check garnished for $500 a check so i sent nothing. The $600 has never been credited me.

The supervisor sent me the paperwork to file for modification and i sent it to them. The paperwork does not exist per the collection service attorney. Where the heck is my representation! Augest 13 2013 i was order to appear in court for what they now claim is $10,000 in arears. I had no representaion while my ex wife spoke secretely into the collect attorneys ear thruout. I was forced to attend or as the systems supervisor stated  my lic will be suspended, my bank acct siezed, and a warrant issued for my arrest on the 29th of augest if i failed to appear. They recieved a notice from my surgen that i could not attend due to the severity of my operation and medication regimin. Had to drive myself 60 miles and back and it was very painfull. Lucky i did not crash and burn. Their motive, $75.00 a month on interest i can not afford at this time. Next stop is jail, my kids have now been brainwashed to think im a deadbeat even thou ive been giving $1,000 a month sense march 2012. Theres lots more but my meds are making me naucious. In short, yes i would love to be part of a class action siut against the fraud that is destroying lives. My research indicates 16.1 million people are in the profit organizatiov system and 16 million of them are men. This is not about the i have spent $20,000 above and beyoun my requirments for cloths and hygene supplies in the last 3 years while mommy takes hawaii trips and mover her new boyfriend in from an appartment into a 6 bedroom house with pool 1 month befor court date on aug 13, 2013. I never ever recieved my personal property awarded in court valued at $12,500 yet i owe her $10,000 play money. This corrupt system has to stop. Its no more than a profit organization. This your the man line is complete bs in this age. But i suppose all men raped their women to impregnate them right. They have turned being a father dirty and at my ase im seriously thinking about not perticipating any more. They allready pegged me as a deadbeat dad for their profits. Maybe i should just commit suicide and dump the $3600 mo ssi payment on the corrupt government that implicated this groteck system. Must be nice to spread leggs for profit. Our reward for being a father to sociopathic narcissist out for a free buck. Destruction of fathers lives in the best interest of our children. How cheap and pathetic this government has come for profit to support some other country. Sense when is the dad the only one responsable for a womans choice to have a child. The ones supporting this are probably the 35 yo lazy asses still living at home with mommy for the free ride. I was an outstanding father and middleclass contributor to my country. No im a dead beat criminal. Unjust. Im in for the class action suite if i can help. Its in your face. Its not about children at all. It about government profit completely. May they rot in hell for doing this to me and my kids.

Respond to this report!

#6 General Comment

Garnishment not only for deadbeats

AUTHOR: Nerv666999 - (United States of America)

Sharon's  #1 consumer (what was it called?) suggestion is in fact inaccurate and I believe colored by the stereotypical bias most non-custodial Fathers are painted in. Garnishment can be requested and will be granted for no reason other than the custodial parents request. Many use this as another weapon to make the non-custodial parent pay in ways other than money. Do you Sharon really believe that if your summation be true that one injustice (not paying support) is made right by another? Hardly I think, but what makes it worse is that this is done by a Govt agency that should be held accountable when they are not working for the public they serve no matter which side one is on. 

And if you really want to affect change in how non-custodial fathers live up to their obligations, read up on parental alienation and the effect it has on the children and who is largely responsible for the alienation. Not making excuses, but it is so much easier to pay support when one is involved in the lives of the supported. I think unfortunately there will be little movement in this area until these two things are allowed to be connected as they once were
Respond to this report!

#7 Consumer Comment

Ok ...

AUTHOR: Irene16 - (United States of America)

Seriously? First, you put your business out there, so you don't get to control who comments on it. Your lack of responsibility says it all, thus the YOU CHOSE HIM comment i made. You are the one commenting as a bitter baby mama on a thread about DCSS abuses. Why don't you complain on a BMD page, instead of being a bored internet troll looking for trouble to quench your boredom? Or maybe YOU could go back to work and take your aggressions out on men or do something productive, like take responsibility for your choices. By your bullshit remarks its pretty clear what kind of mother you are. PAS. FYI ... I notice a lot of baby mamas "claim" to not have known the man was the way he was. We all know that bullshit. Either your ex is a POS or your overbearing i own this child attitude pushed him away. But Thanks for wasting 4 seconds of my time. Go put some sand in your vagina. It is a vagina, right?
Respond to this report!

#8 UPDATE Employee

Irene16 - "you picked him"

AUTHOR: Summeruv67 - (United States of America)

You're right I did.... Unfortunately I am not and was not GOD at the time and didn't know what an a*s he would turn out to be in the long run. So to you I say fongu! Once your judge of character and defined sense of telepathy is heightened then maybe I'll hire YOU to tell me where the "perfect" Man is! Until then ... It's recommended you keep your mouth shut when it comes to matters like this as you have nothing worthwhile to offer other than... "you picked him".
Thanks for your input but you brought no answers... ONLY GUILT for picking the wrong guy?! You're pathetic and useless... Just like the "one I picked". You're probably a guy  or a girl who doesn't give a crap at all for her responsibility.
Take a hike... A long one... Tibet maybe... Yeah... I think that will do. Stupid, ignorant, self important people are just a waste of air and space. Go fall off a cliff.
Respond to this report!

#9 Consumer Comment

You Picked Him

AUTHOR: Irene16 - (United States of America)

The Man you are complaining about, you picked. Therefore maybe you should have used better judgment.
Respond to this report!

#10 UPDATE Employee

Women advocate for Dads - Stereotyping?!

AUTHOR: Summeruv67 - (United States of America)

"I want to bring this class action suit and make history. Telling the system to go screw themselves and the mothers who thrive on this CRAP that it won't fly to act like that in the future."

For your information, I am a MOTHER who THRIVES on THIS CRAP... Do you want to know why? No... you probably don't give two cents about how it is to support your children for 12 years consistently, while dear ole dad is "growing up". You probably also don't know what it's like to do all you can for the child father to help him by lowering garnishments in order to aid his cost of living expenses. You probably have no clue what it feels like to be a child who cannot have things she needs because the twerp father cannot realize that HE HAS THE RIGHT to modify/change/alter support requirements according to HIS wages or any other life changes at ANY TIME. You probably have no response to how a child feels to be abandoned by the little imp dad who only performed the biological function of being a father and disappeared for years at a time to leave the children wondering "what did i do wrong?" and "why doesn't daddy want me or want to take care of me." Do you have a clue about one single option that this "father" has to increase (ha! that's a laugh), decrease (zero would be his choice), implement any change to his responsibilities towards his children? I tell you ... He has plenty! If he chooses to play ignorance of the law well it's not my problem, its his. Just as you have done all the research you can to make the "supporter" wrong, so can He/She. I have been in study of Family Law (and others) for 9 years and rights go both ways sweetheart so before you start pointing fingers and singling out mom's, be sure you understand an unbiased approach to both sides of the coin. I don't take being owed $30K in child support lightly with a Mandated $50 payment on those arrears lightly. Not at all! therefore, he gets to speak to the judge about that payment going up to $800.00 a month in order to pay for the "sperm donations that he made" but didn't want to be responsible for them. I don't feel as if my children are just a sperm donation, a burden, a cost or sacrifice of life... I feel that they are beautiful little human beings deserving of love, consideration, respect, care, and most of all... A father who gives a crap and is willing to show it by caring for them in every way possible. 

As for interest rates, methodology of intimidating the obligor of support, garnishments, judgements, liens, etc? I say go for it! Men/Women?? if you feel like you have been handed a bad hand here by the DCSS then do the work, do the math, get your papers and receipts in order and SHOW them where they are wrong, then be reasonably patient for them to admit and rectify the situation... If they don't SUE the hell out of them and charge them interest. This goes for any financial institution who has screwed you over. Including the EX who doesn't pay their share of support for their children and lets them go hungry.


Barstow, California - "All this has been done to me due to the incompetence and refusal of a federal institution to obey federal guidelines as well as the inflecxibility of accounting procedures applied by the Child Support Services to manually adjust my account information and their concern not to lose federal funding." If you are so sure you are being treated unjustly, go to your local law library and do something about it and prove it. "Where are my rights? " Your rights are at your fingertips, have you chosen to use them? 
Respond to this report!

#11 Consumer Comment

Funny, you complain about the state taking money from him...

AUTHOR: junebug017 - (United States of America)

yet, if California is garnishing his wages and giving it to WELFARE services it means you were on WELFARE and owe the state money. If you didn't want to owe the state money you should have gotten a JOB instead of living off welfare and expecting that neither of you would have to reimburse the state. This report is junk
Respond to this report!

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

judicial lien recorded for the failure to support

AUTHOR: hel_mut - (USA)

this is the truest and nothing but ,county of san Bernardino child support services on civic dr.
 the obligor and or real father is somewhere in Ohio ,and his name is the same except the middle name ,a clerk at the superior court  manufactured  a case number some time in 2004 and transferred the case from orange county {oc case number}the a substitution of obligor  {form} created and served to this person in Texas ,as clearly states that the substituted and property owner has to be served, off course not because it is a employee of the state at the court house in Victorville that has a hard on for me .for 6 years I have complaint  and asked to tell me the name of my childrens I never fathered because  ,I shoot blanks and my divorce was based on not being able to have  complete family {wife grounds for divorce }

the county does not have a record of me ,but the lien is recorded, you asked if have complaint ,yes I sued the superior court {employees }and the state of California were the office of the attorney general being the counsel of the defendant presented a defense that is as followed "this idiot had sued the wrong party" the authorities and or FOR was Edmund brown jr on about 2008 ,that I complaint against the oag and was issued this gov code 945.6 
and the director of this agency is you guess  jerry brown governor ,so as acting AG I am no more the angry old man lashing out on every one ,,then he advises me to sue the state 
the agency carries a name that is misleading and if you ever check, on how many victims they have compensated ? correct none, they aided the wrong doers being the true facts and that there is a legal liability in san Bernardino the Victorville court house and is employees
the hon. Fleuret 8 years ago made the following statement "there are no minor childrens in this marriage, let the record be noted, nullity with childrens {dead beat parent with a life time dv restraining order that expired in 2006 but is still published. Never had any childrens and I never hit any woman I shared my life with. So I have asked the authorities on why I must accept such disrespect, because I am an idiot and complaint to much. just to share .the spelling is bad because I just was reminded of such ignorance by mail ,I believe that a clerk see me at the swap meet within 3 days thereafter I be reminded of such ,and yes it does pushes a button ,the government employees at all level are the down fall of our country because immunity granted by the law and they can retaliate quickly I can  present exhibit ,Ripley asking Allen to lie and guess what Allen will do ? Yes with smile on his face .so is any body save in Victorville, yes or no? Attorneys are like everybody else a creature of habit, that proposing one order and it works then why not do it all the time is a bad habit .therefore why should Ripley stop? This senior associate of Ripley and associates presents a legal liability upon the citizen of Victorville, he is a collection attorney and if he claims he can help a consumer to stop the harassment, bewares want he gets the bank account number he will drain it based on the clerks fill forge an order

i just wanted to let you all know that we are not alone  and that isa sad observation,no resources to obtaim a "mouth piece" beware ripley is hauntimng the corridors in the victorville court hause. a tall old grey hair male that wears a blue blazer and brown slacks ,he has a gait the could be based on some thing  that dislocated and or inserted.
askinga judge to lie is and or presents a legal liability upon citicens and consumers ,yes or no ?
Respond to this report!

#13 General Comment

Florida state attorney's office out of control! Where is the due process?

AUTHOR: stu - (United States of America)

When it comes to child support issues, The Florida State Attorney's Office is nothing but a henchmen for the State of Florida!   It is a revenue generating process that starts the minute a custodial parent walks into a child support office and accuses the non custodial parent of not paying! The non custodial parent is immediately guilty and treated  as if a murder was committed, but in many ways worse. A accused murderer is at least question by authorities in an effort to determine whether any adverse action should go forward, However child enforcement services does not operate in the spirit of the United States Constitution in regards to due process! An accusation is all that is required to trigger immediate adverse action against your divers license, credit report, pass port, taxes returns etc. Your are buried in threats and unreasonable deadlines with the hope that they are not met in time, so that the money making process for the State begins as soon as possible! Drivers licence re-instatement fees, court filing fees, registration re-instatement fees etc!! I am a victim of this process, and I am in shocked at what I am being put through!  The first thing they did was to try to extort money from me by sending me a letter saying that all action against me would be stopped if I just agreed to the amount that I was accused of owing by signing a letter to that fact!! WTF is that?  or, I could file a petition! (no instructions on how, or where to do that!) The clock is ticking with 20 days to respond, but its more like 13 days if you subtract the time it took for the letter to reach you and weekends. If your case is in Miami your screwed!!! You have to go to Miami because they act as a separate entity. No child support office anywhere in Florida will touch a Miami case.  I drove 150 miles to Miami, bought a package , and was told to go home,fill it out, and mail it. I Sent my petition in as well as sending literally a pound worth of canceled checks for child support that should of, if nothing else, established the fact that my ex omitted information, perjured herself and claimed a false amount by thousands of dollars! If nothing else the State Attorney's office should of in light of this evidence, stopped any adverse action until a judge could determine a true amount if any based on the hard evidence they received. NOT!! My licence was still suspended cause the county clerk failed to file my petition on time. They sat on my petition for 13 days!!  Now I'm forced to make the hard choice of  driving with a suspended license, or losing my job! I guess the State Of Florida would rather me get a ticket or even worse go to jail cause that would generate more money! There is no concern for a child here!  By the way, my ex decided to take this action days before my sons 18th birthday, why did she wait so long if there was truly a problem? I am all for a class action lawsuit!!
Respond to this report!

#14 General Comment


AUTHOR: Irene16 - (United States of America)

The DCSS (child support) historically gives pref treatment to women. Thats the facts! More so women on welfare. So its no wonder when DCSS takes up to 65% of ones paycheck that dads walk away from their kids. Also did you know in CA that parent who share 50/50 custody, the father will still have to pay child support. So...if you cant afford them women, dont have them!
Respond to this report!

#15 Consumer Comment

DCSS Illegal Practices

AUTHOR: Woman Advocate For Dads - (U.S.A.)

To the guy in Hollister, I would like to let you know I have been discussing this "class-action" suit for a while. I have been studying the law for the past year or so now. I have fought for my boyfriend getting screwed by DCSS and my dad was a victim of a lump sum they set him to pay back in 1997. He has paid beyond the amount of the one year lump sum of $13,000. He has paid a total of $18,000 to DCSS and yet he got a statement saying he still owes the principal of $13000. Seems California makes 10% interest which means they got more than the child's mother got $0 b/c when you make $100 payments per month or sometimes $200 per month on back child support (which the court orders) all you are paying is the interest that will just go back up the next month. 10% is an illegal federal government interest rate. They claim the rate is legal but if you ask me this is a bunch of crap. They expect men who DO end up falling behind on child support to be FOREVER considered a dead beat no matter how much they pay back or current. I went to live with my dad at 13 years old, and he is anything but a dead beat! My boyfriend is now going through the same thing. I feel bad for you in that you did never fall behind, but there are a lot more cases out there that I do know of. One day when I become an attorney (hopefully), I want to bring this class action suit and make history. Telling the system to go screw themselves and the mothers who thrive on this CRAP that it won't fly to act like that in the future.
Respond to this report!

#16 General Comment

No Sharon, the Dads are not Kidding

AUTHOR: Diane - (USA)

Child Support Services is one of the most inept government agencies ever created and I question the legality of their practices.  My fiance ("Father") has 3 children from a previous marriage.  He's been divorced for nearly 6 years, 5 of which he has been fighting a horrific custody battle to be able to be a part of his childrens' lives.  The court ordered therapist has already testified in court about the mother's frustration of the visitation and relationships between Father and his children.  However, that has not stopped mother's ill behavior.  The oldest turned 18 and graduated from high school in June of this year and pursuant to the provisions of the order, Father deducted the appropriate amount of support allocated to child no. 1.  Mother immediately opened a case with CSS and claimed that Father owes support arrearages.  Father started receiving notices that there are arrearages of the difference between what the order stated and what he is now paying, even though the order was for 3 children and the CSS claim only names 2 children.  Our attorney has provided the CSS attorney with proof of payments for the last 18 months, showing that they were made timely, pointed out the language in the current support order that relieved father from support after the child turns 18 and graduates high school, as well as a dissomaster showing how the current support is allocated.  Earlier this month, Father recieved a notice from his employer stating that his wages will now be garnished for support (as stated on the order) and arrearages (that don't even exist)!  Yesterday we received a letter stating that CSS will begin reporting negative information onto Father's credit report.  The hearing is set for next week.

It's pathetic to watch the "Mommies" place dollar signs on top of their childrens' heads.
The injustices that I've witnessed against men in our family court system is absolutely  appalling to me.  Just because some fathers are deadbeats, does not mean that all fathers should be lumped into that same category.  Further, maybe it's time for these pathetic leaches, that use their reproductive systems as a means of income, to start being held accountable for their actions.  Before you make the unilateral decision to procreate, make sure that the contributing party is on the same page as you are.  Both parents have a duty to support their children.  And men, all I can say is condoms are a lot cheaper than supporting your child's mommy for 18 years.  In this judicial climate, you'll be ordered to pay support and "allowed" to see your children.   
Respond to this report!

#17 Consumer Comment

California DCSS

AUTHOR: Screwed By Dcss - (U.S.A.)

Just my two cents worth. I am NOT a DEADBEAT parent, I have been paying my child support for years via a voluntary wage assignment to insure i never fell behind. My ex wife filed a case with DCSS stating that i have not made a single payment in 14 years. They have garnished my wages, bank accounts, business accounts, taxes and suspended my drivers license. All the meanwhile i have been trying to get them to meet with me so that I can produce all of my documentation. They just say "Tell it to the Judge". They won't hear anything i have to say. I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit. Anyone out there know of any one in progress?
Respond to this report!

#18 Consumer Comment

California DCSS

AUTHOR: Screwed By Dcss - (U.S.A.)

Just my two cents worth. I am NOT a DEADBEAT parent, I have been paying my child support for years via a voluntary wage assignment to insure i never fell behind. My ex wife filed a case with DCSS stating that i have not made a single payment in 14 years. They have garnished my wages, bank accounts, business accounts, taxes and suspended my drivers license. All the meanwhile i have been trying to get them to meet with me so that I can produce all of my documentation. They just say "Tell it to the Judge". They won't hear anything i have to say. I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit. Anyone out there know of any one in progress?
Respond to this report!

#19 Consumer Comment

California DCSS

AUTHOR: Screwed By Dcss - (U.S.A.)

Just my two cents worth. I am NOT a DEADBEAT parent, I have been paying my child support for years via a voluntary wage assignment to insure i never fell behind. My ex wife filed a case with DCSS stating that i have not made a single payment in 14 years. They have garnished my wages, bank accounts, business accounts, taxes and suspended my drivers license. All the meanwhile i have been trying to get them to meet with me so that I can produce all of my documentation. They just say "Tell it to the Judge". They won't hear anything i have to say. I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit. Anyone out there know of any one in progress?
Respond to this report!

#20 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

You can't get away from it even if you do move. There isn't any such thing as "pro-liberty" state to begin with. All states are fascist with regard to child support legislation. Liberty is an illusion anyway, Nobody is truly "free" in this world. However, Liberty and Right are totally different things...and These aren't liberties being violated, they are as one person already said fundamental human rights.
Respond to this report!

#21 Consumer Comment

You poor people

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

Normally I don't comment on government meddling in family affairs but this one caught me off guard.

Yes, if you do have kids, you should take responsability for them. Not me. Not society, not the Democrats or Republicans. YOU. If I had kids (which thankfully I don't), I would do everything I could to minimize their exposure to this legal environment. Simply put, your children are the property of the state just like you are. That is life in America now. I would consider moving to a more pro-liberty state.
Respond to this report!

#22 Consumer Suggestion

The cavalry is coming

AUTHOR: Brandy - (U.S.A.)

My name is Brandy. Im here in southern california, San Bernadino actually. I and my husband have the same problem. Ive spent the last 5 months studying and learning their ways. Theyre retaliation on my efforts has been to reinstate a forgiven arrearage of $10,000 and say the "decleration" was not legal. I have also learned that these bastards not only make money hand over fist but then make interest on the interest we pay to them in what is called "The Childrens support trust fund". All the "trusts and accounts" are interest bearing. It is in the Californis codes. I am in process of prosecuting this "Department and all involved" to the fullest extent in federal court. That is my goal. I would be happy to compare notes or anything else with any one interested. I would like to get together a class action suit since the crimes are so very rampant in all agencies across the nation. !!
Respond to this report!

#23 Consumer Comment

Sharon: maybe the laws are different in Texas but I wouldn't trust anyone in charge of child support enforcement

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

What I'm curious about Sharon is that if you could find your ex do you think Texas couldn't? Unless he was working under the table (and of course it is possible) there is a chance that Texas garnished his wages and just never gave it to you. District Attorneys all over the country are being busted for doing just that. What they do with the money is put it in an interest bearing account and say they can't find the obligee (that would be you). As a matter of fact, the Los Angeles District attorney was sued for doing that conveniently (for the District Attorney) Child Support Services separated from the District Attorney's office. I am pretty sure it was a direct result of the lawsuit. The only thing it accomplished was to remove the District Attorney from responsibility for the crimes that the agency still commit.
Respond to this report!

#24 Consumer Comment

For Melissa... Apparently, California has an entirely different set of laws than Texas when it comes to child support

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the info. Apparently, California has an entirely different set of laws than Texas when it comes to child support. Here in Texas, the AG's office only becomes involved (and witholding orders are only granted) if there is an arrearage and/or a significant history of non-payment. Therefore, if the AG's office is involved, Dad is a deadbeat, plain and simple. That is why I thought I was replying to such.

Believe me, you have to move Heaven and Earth to get a red cent out of a deadbeat in Texas. My ex is over $25,000 in arrears right now, and Texas wouldn't do squat. Said they couldn't find I found him myself. And the result? He was called to court and asked why he hadn't paid. Yep. That is IT. The judge told him he had 30 days to pay $200. Big deal. $200 on a $25,000 arrearage? Unbelievable. And of course, he didn't. He was called back to court and didn't show up. What happened then? Nothing. They said he moved and they couldn't find him. I found him again. This time, he showed up for court, agreed to pay, made one $50 payment, and stopped. What has happened? Nothing.
I give up. It's useless.
Texas sucks.
Respond to this report!

#25 Consumer Suggestion

complaint to the los angeles support services FROM DEADBEAT

AUTHOR: Terrie - (U.S.A.)



Complaint directed at: The Los Angeles County Child Support Services, individual's unknown

Party making Complaint:ALL NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS

The Los Angeles County Child Support Services , and or the IV-D Tax Board
individual's unknown have conducted business under the color of law , and with the immunity of this position shielding them against any accountability for the damages in which they are in direct cause of. The actions commenced are as follows:

Incompetence, unreasonable delay, preparing and presenting false documents, refusal to provide information, unfair and unequal treatment, acting as legal representative to concealing party, violating due process laws, intentional delay for self profit, discriminate against party due to gender and relation of custody to child , acting with conflict of interest, interfering in fundamental rights, aiding party to concealment , intentionally mislead and conduct business in unethical fraudulent manner, failure to look to the best interest of child ,abuse its discretion under the color of law, and failure to meet own time policy. All these actions prejudiced and damaged ________and family.
1. Incompetence, agency agrees to lift hold from Drivers license , sends notice that the DMV state that the number is incorrect . Petitioner faxes the agency a copy of his temporary license and with the information that they had entered a incorrect date of birth and this was the cause for the delay. Petitioner called ombudsman's and agency informed him everything was taken care of not to worry. The agency placed interception to driver's license in May of 2004 and because of their continued incompetence it was not until 6 months later that they finally completed this simple task. Their delay fell short by a weeks time and DMV had suspended license for a week and did not informed petitioner until after the license was re-instated causing petitioner's to be terminated from his employment for driving the company vehicle with this suspended license and not informing them of this action. Petitioner was terminated during Thanksgiving .
This has petitioner in a position of no longer having the income to pay for the basic needs of food and shelter for his family and this was done in order to benefit an ex wife for the child is married and 25 years old ex wife has no family in which to support she has a full time job and lives on the beach with her boyfriend rent free. My wife is disabled and we have an 8 year old child . Where id the best interest of the child here?
This has placed the family in need of State services in which this whole system was set up to prevent.

1.a. Incompetence this agency has sent notices to petitioner that where documents of other people's cases, and notices in all Spanish. Received at least 6 other parent's documents and will provide them for examination upon request.
2. Unreasonable delay, and failure to act with diligence by respondent, and the parties acting in representation of her interests Los Angeles Child support Services. This delay was willful and intentional for profit for this delay created a judgment that doubled by the simple act of doing nothing. Jane Thayer did not even seek the services of the support agency until 1995 four years after her claim of non payment of support. It was not until 2001 three months before the child was 23 years old that the agency commence any action on claim and did this with fraudulent misleading procedures, and without an affidavit and signature of Respondent and closed the case it had with the respondent before the abstract was completed.
2a. The failure of the agency to see the petitioner was denied a downward support request when he showed a change of circumstances and this was not a contemptuous act by the petitioner, and it failed to even look at the respondent as anything other than the victim and party with clean hands instead of the adulterous , greedy, participant is in truth of which she really is.. The fact is the actions of alienating and destroying any chance of the child who is now an adult to have a relationship with her father and the relationships of the future he may have had with any grandchildren she may bare, is by far much greater sin, in which this court has no ability to repair or compensate for. The agency more than likely was aware the petitioner did not have the ability to pay for he filed taxes every year and did not hide or conceal himself from being found. The agency failed to assert any effort to relieve petitioner for even when it is required of them by statute, but anything this agency does even when proven it was intentional and wilful it is regarded as harmless error. To this day the petitioner is not aware of the respondents's address. Without knowing this information the petitioner cannot properly serve the respondent if he seeks any action to grant him relief for this was the response to the action of the petitioner from the support service asking to remove action for failure to show proof of this service. and the agency is the only party in control of all the information which it refuses to share for discovery purposes. in order to file any action to seek relief and this agency refuses to give this information even when there is no threat of harm to anyone except to the party who may have to answer to an action. The failure to see the petitioner in any other light other than a contemptuous one . The failure to see the court abused its discretion when it denied the petitioner's request has caused the petitioner to have no remedy in which to seek relief. To then expect petitioner to give his faith and respect to such a system is ignorant. For this instills fear and to have a fear of losing ones freedom if exercises its right to be with ones child is a violation of the highest kind. No one should ever be placed in jail for failure to pay a debt in this county, but the child support laws are different in they do not have to follow the rules like the other laws do for this is a special action one that needs more than just a slight bit of interference it calls for violating another's right for this is the only way in which a favorable outcome can be achieved.
3. Preparing and sending false documents to petitioner in order to mislead, and or trick petitioner in order to gain legal advantage and to keep petitioner from acting within his legal rights to have a hearing and have a judge to decide if property should be taken before it is taken first without due process. Or act in pretense of the truth in order to take personal property without due process.
3a. False documents ,2001 , the agency sends notice to petitioner stating no past due support is due but a current support order is in effect . The agency is aware the child reached the age of majority in 1997 and no current support was due and failed to acknowledge the petitioner correspondence stating to them that no current support is due. The false statement that no past due support was sought is not only misleading it is an action in which to place in the mind of the petitioner that the ex wife who concealed the child the whole time past the age of majority was not going to seek to collect this judgment for no order to pay through the court system was in place . 3.b. The agency also seeks to enforce judgments older than 10 years by administrative means instead of giving proper notice and enforcing this action without the sneaking behind the back tatics this office has made a n everyday event of.

I go on and on but I realize the agency and the individuals who work in this business are not concerned with harm their action bestow on others for they have convinced themself the government body they work for is doing a service for the PEOPLE and for the children they hide behind . For the only service they provide is one of unfairness , interference, hardship and discrimination, excepting bribes from the federal government the goal of this reward is what is the interest of this group. They are working to keep there jobs and the courts filled . The fathers are committing suicide and are broken , in debtors prison, and alienated from the family they have a fundamental right to without government interferences. They act as legal counsel to the party and place the breaking of the martial agreement other than support payments as unimportant and not a subject in which should be given any time or effort of the government resources for it does not generate a dollar sign .The State and Federal government is making a profit from the interest alone conducting this service for the children. The agency acts under the guise of the best interest of the child and the people of the United States are not represented though this agency and the draconian laws it is enacting, and I demand for a non bias party to review this case and I demand that I have the same representation provided to me that is being provided to the respondent , and that any party with a conflict of interest of law to remove themselves . To stop violating my constitutional and fundamental rights and to treat me with fairness and protect me from a system that fails to pass the tests of this fairness , for this is what this country was founded on. Our judicial system has failed in the most important and valuable resource and that is the well being of our children and our families .I will not hold my breath waiting for any response that this complaint is a valid and important issue to address for I am not the first person to make these complaints and the fact the complaints are still being made is proof of how the system addresses these issues, maybe if enough of us keep making these complaints the system will have no choice other than to listen, but I will not hold my breath. Merry Christmas all..
Respond to this report!

#26 Consumer Comment

Some Suggestions

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

To Sylvester and Ramon: you (and Ramon's father) should get a payment history from CSSD. Go in person if necessary but it shouldn't be. Go to the courthouse (probably the one in Los Angeles on Commonwealth for Ramon and the one in San Bernardino for Sylvester, check to make sure where your case is on record) Speak with a family law facilitator. You'll probably have to wait a long time and should get there early. Don't waste time trying to call (especially if in L.A.) You'll never get through. take your own payment history if it doesn't mesh with theirs. The facilitator should be able to help you file papers you need to file. That's why they are there. We don't have access to such services because we are in Indiana. Take advantage of whatever is available to you there.

To Janice: Take your records(especially the court order for the refund) to the bank, IRS, etc. Mail or fax them if necessary.

These are just suggestions. I don't know if you've already tried this or if it would help but I doubt it could hurt.

To Sharon: First of all Sylvester didn't say he was in arrears. He said CSSD doesn't credit his account and records falsely reflect he is. Wage assignment is automatic for current support and you don't have to be in arrears to have your wages garnished (at least not in California) My boyfriend is technically in arrears but he was over 5000.00 in arrears the second the judgment was issued (which is ridiculous, how could you owe before you even know how much you should pay? Only the county can do this, it isn't done in divorce court.) He said he never received notice of a hearing and he was ordered to pay more than most people in this country should even be presumed to be able to afford. Child Support is supposed to be based on the ability to pay. CSSD wouldn't seek modification then and they still won't now when he has the kids.

Maybe we would have less "deadbeat dads" if men weren't punished for daring father a child. Men do know the consequences of fatherhood and many abandon their children before they are even born simply because they are (rightly) scared. a man should not be obligated to his children's mother forever (or at all) unless they're married and women are responsible to support their children too. In our system, a woman can sit on her bum and collect welfare and the poor sod who fathered the kid(s) is made to pay it all back. The woman should have to pay some (if not all) of it back. That's my idea of welfare reform

I don't deny that there may be times when a woman might have a need to go on welfare and society should help out for the sake of the children. These kids are our country's future and we should be glad to give them the best start possible
(within reason). Many women take advantage of and abuse this priviledge (it's not a "right") They aren't on welfare because they don't get child support. It's because they're lazy or irresponsible and aren't even obligated to pay any of it back:the man is. These "career moms" are the real deadbeats. Not all women on
welfare are guilty of this but there are very many
who are which is why we have welfare reform act to begin with. The new laws don't hold the woman accountable for her own responsibilities though and they should.

Most men would pay child support if the order was reasonable. They would also want to know their beautiful children if they weren't scared off and/or their children turned against them. Child Support Enforcement Laws are harmful to human relations. This is not just my opinion it is a valid hypothesis and there are scientific studies supporting it. These studies show that many children grow up "hating" their fathers because of the deadbeat label. Children are vulnerable and don't know what propaganda is. They don't realize their fathers are being persecuted for wrongs they may not even be guilty of or at fault for. This emotionally damages our children. Who wouldn't be damaged by the (usually false) notion that daddy doesn't care about me?

If Sharon or anybody else still has a problem go to:
and read the articles there. especially:

The Real responsibility of men.
The Myth of Deadbeat Dads
The Politics of fatherhood
Appetite for family destruction
Plundering fatherhood
Are family courts prejudiced against fathers?
The nightmare of family court.
The Criminalization of fatherhood.

You get the drift. Dr. Baskerville, the author is a highly educated Political Science Professor at Howard University in Washington D.C.

Sylvester isn't kidding
Janice isn't kidding
Ramon isn't kidding
I am not kidding and;
Surely Dr. Baskerville wouldn't put his career on the line to "kid" about anything.
Respond to this report!

#27 Consumer Comment

Just to Clarify Something

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to say that the amount the CSSD reduced the order to after the claim for damages was filed is still more than my boyfriend can afford I believe it to be nothing more than an (unsuccessful)attempt to appease, and divert a lawsuit . Also, though we live in Indiana, the child support orders are from Los Angeles. But the abuse does happen outside of California.
Respond to this report!

#28 Consumer Comment

The Abuse is Real


With respect to the Phrase "Kidding", I don't think so and neither does thousands of other Fathers, Husbands or Dads who are experiencing the pain and frustrations as theses words are typed.

The fraudulent and heartless acts described within this Ripoff Report as well as in many of the responses are true facts that have happened or continue in every state of these United States. This is possible only because Child Support Services is protected by its badge of office, officers of the court and others working in the Family Law arena.

Many have taken the noble stance to protect our children through insuring that they are clothed, fed and sheltered with an opportunity to achieve an education and become productive members of society without becoming wards of the state, which drains tax dollars away from more essential efforts such as better schools or public services. However, the tactics employed have become perverted into a twisted application of law very similar to methods used by the National Socialist German Workers Party (n**i) or Communist. That is to say a complete disregard for the individual, the individuals rights under law and the impartial protection thereof (or Justice).

There are many stories and far more fact than are disclosed here. It would be interesting to hear more from persons who have been abused by Child Support Services. Especially from the state of Michigan where I am told that simular instances have taken place and destroyed the lifes of many hard working persons.

There must be a demand placed to require this agency be accountable for its actions and made to adhere to United Stated Law. No individual or agency can be allowed to operate Above the Law or use the Law as a destructive tool. Simply Put..enforce the law fairly with equal justice for all.

To all who are skeptical or do not believe the first hand experiences described in this report, I recommend you read the facts more closely, perform a little research on your own and read the Child Support mannual for your state as well as the applicable Family Law. What you will find is shocking, outdated thinking and bias directed primarily against men.
Respond to this report!

#29 Consumer Comment

Child Support Services commits illegal activities

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Not everything the Child Support Services Department does is necessarily allowed by law. With regard to:
THE ABUSE CONTINUES!!!:An audit of these agencies by an impartial and objective agency would undoubtedly find instances of Abuse-of-Power, fraudulent accounting practices, misappropriations of payments and so on.

You are absolutely correct. That is why my boyfriend will be suing them for fraud and abuse of process (if I can get the complaint filed before the statute of limitations expires which is sooner than I'd like).

The facts:

My boyfriend has had custody of his three minor children since March 2002. Since December 2002, his wages have been garnished. The agency stopped charging current support in June 2003 but continued garnishing for arrears. This has been a hardship so extreme that without my support they would have been homeless long ago. The law does not allow CSSD to stop charging current support without seeking a modification through the court. The law does require them to seek said modification if there is a change of circumstances altering the current support by 20% or $50.00. They did reduce his payments (again without the court's approval) eventually. Know Why? Because he filed a claim for damages with the County Board. Yes if I have any say in it they will be sued. I will intervene too if the court allows. The fraud is because they say he owes some money to his ex-wife when it is owed to the State. I haven't figured out exactly why they are lying yet but I will, It may have something to do with the compromise program or it may be something in the welfare and inst. codes. Either way they are misrepresenting facts for some reason.
Respond to this report!

#30 Author of original report



America is a system of laws with built in checks and balances to ensure Justice. In addition, we have agencies at the Federal, State, County, and City level to enforce this system. Also, there are numerous private organizations that perform oversight of the system and the individuals who serve the people from within this system called Government. As a citizen within this this system I pay taxes at all levels for public services inclusive of hospitals, fire, police, ambulance, schools, roads, public parks etc. My tax dollars also go to pay for social servies, social security, and a tremendous number of fees to utility companies, which are surposedly based on federal or state requirements to the utility company that are passed on to the consumer. The average is around 38 % of the individuals salary before taxes in each occurance of tax deduction. I am therefore a productive citizen when I have contributed all of my working life to this system and not drawn one cent in aid or assistance for myself or any dependant of mine. As such I reserve the right to marry, have children and divorce without being judged by the public or by having Government impune my ability to function as a human being through the enforcement of unfair rules, policy and procedure upon me.

Child Support Services is one such organization that has been empowered by federal legislation, policy and state law to enforce a broad range of procedures to affect payment of court ordered child or spousal support payments. This system is enforced without oversight and like any system with absolute power it is abused as welllas is abusive to the recipient of its attention. Not all fathers are deadbeats, nor do they all require the level of control and manipulation practiced by Child Support Services. The truth is simple enough to prove. An audit of these agencies by an impartial and objective agency would undoubtedly find instances of Abuse-of-Power, fraudulent accounting practices, misappropriations of payments and so on. After all, Child Support Services is administered by a private contractor with a profit margin and overhead cost affecting that cost.

Family law itself is a system that favors the women triditionally and asserts all responsibility wrongfully upon the man. It therefore a bias system to begin with. This system also ignores the normal conventions of law and applies the law to the benefit of the court or perception of the court without regard for the rules of evidence disclosing facts contrary to the courts ruling.

Child Support Services policy and procedures perpetuate family law practices, but go a step further and apply these practices in an unlawfull manner. These practices are applied against a few fathers that have not abandoned their families or their lives and requires these few pay the bulk of cost associated with enforcement for themseleves and the many fathers that can not be located or have child support enforced upon them.

This systems therfore becomes another abuse of our tax dollars and commits felony fraud upon individuals under a badge of authority.

It is time for men, women and children of America to open their eyes to the injustice of this system and require Federal, State and County oversight into the practices of Child Support Services nation wide. This is our right and duty as citizens.

Please join me in speaking out to demand justice in an abusive and out of control system that takes the hard earned dollars of citizens for the profit of a private company and has destoryed the lives of many men, women and children by wrongfully depriving them of their earned income or means to further earn income or improve themselves.
Respond to this report!

#31 Consumer Comment

CSS Ripping us off one DAD at a time

AUTHOR: Ramon - (U.S.A.)

My father began paying child support for me 15+
years ago. I grew up with my Grandmother, once
in a while with my Mother in a small community in
SE Alaska. To this day my father is still paying
child support for me, I am now 26 yrs old. I have
spoken with both my Grandmother and my Mother who
say they have never seen one red cent of this

I've made several attempts to get in contact with someone to at least tell us where all this money has gone and is still going.

CSS does not answer E-mails. I have even tried
calling several times to try and figure this out.
I still came up short when they told me over the
phone that he (my father)would have to call
because this was his dilemma.

After spending 35 minutes on hold he was told that I would need to be the one to make the call.

We are both extremely frustrated with not only the service received, but the more than $18,000.00 they have to this point "stolen" from us. I now live in Los Angeles and have a close relationship with my father.

We are exhausted and frustrated, and would only like some solution to this. CSS should not be allowed to opperate in such a manor.

Their practices need to be looked into. I am with-out a doubt that we are not the first family this has happened to nor will be the last.

Pretty Pissed In LA
Respond to this report!

#32 Consumer Comment

Child Support Services are very good at taking money from people...

AUTHOR: janice - ()

Child Support Services in Calif. are heartless thieves. My daughter's father recieved a bill of $10,000.00 from C.S.S. and they have collected a total of $16,000.00 from him in intercepting his tax returns, bank accounts(4 times now)and garnishing his wages for at 50%. The total garnishment was for 9,000. and they say he still owes 5,000.

This has been going on for 8 years. During all this he has been supporting his daughter and myself.

The last time they took his money from the bank, we took it to court and the judge look at all the records and stated that it looked like we had paid more then the $10,000.00 plus interest so the judge ordered C.S.S. to return the money they took from the took over 7 weeks to get it back cause they had already released it to welfare child services and they were not suppose to for 10 days.

We went down to C.S.S. in Encino, CA with all the paperwork and all chid support has been paid and what my husband is paying on now is the welfare money that came to ME. I have been off welfare since 1997. C.S.S. is only supposed to collect on child support for the child not on the mother. They have too much power.

They just got my husband's taxes for last year which is 2,000.00 and he still owes 3,600.00. Now , he has paid in a almost 20,000.00. We can't afford to take anymore time off from work to go down to their office. Oh, yes, C.S.S. gives you a monthly payment plan and if they collect any monies from you in taxes or anything else that money is not credited as a monthly payment. (if they took 2,000. and you have a monthly payment of 100.00 you still have to pay that payment.
Some advise; don't get caught up with C.S.S. cause it so hard to get out.

They are very unfair, and don't care if you can't pay any of your bills to support your own child.
I agree there are alot of dead-beat dads but mine is not.
Respond to this report!

#33 Consumer Suggestion

You're kidding, right?

AUTHOR: Sharon - ()

If you hadn't been in arrears, your wages would have never been garnished. It burns me up to see Deadbeat Dads whining and complaining about having their wages garnished, their tax returns confiscated, etc. There is a very simple solution to your problem...SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN!
I hear whines about how "I can't afford to pay child support"..if that is so, then you could not afford to have a child. Yet, you did it anyway. You made the choice to have a child, knowing that you would have to support that child. Be responsible, so the state doesn't have to "help" you be responsible, and you won't have this problem. Get it?
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.