Complaint Review: California Medical Evaluators

• Reported By: Psych QME — Los Angeles California USA
  • California Medical Evaluators

Nationwide
    USA

California Medical Evaluators, California Psychiatric Evaluators, Gabor Vari insurance fraud, theft, deceipt, loss of license Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Response from CME

Qualified Medical Examiners Beware!!!

California Medical Evaluators (aka CME) and its owner, Gabor Vari, are being investigated for insurance fraud and are the reason over a dozen of its doctors have lost their QME license.

I used to be a QME with California Medical Evaluators. I did not hear great things about the service or its owners but I was convinced by a colleague of mine that it was easier to go with a management company to handle my workers compensation evaluations. Shame on me for not going with my gut feeling.

My QME license was up for 2 year renewal and it was denied because of California Medical Evaluators.  CME claims to be a management company. They handle all of the doctors billings for workers compensation reports.  The doctor completes an evaluation, writes a report, sends it to the company and they send it to the workers compensation carrier with a bill.  I used to always ask to see the final reports before they went to the insurance company but they would rarely send them to me. On the few ocassions that they sent the reports to me, I realized they had incorrectly billed my time (either upcoded it or billed it as a different type of evaluation). On many ocassions I asked California Medical Evaluators and Gabor Vari to fix bills I knew were submitted incorrectly. They refused to fix them. I ultimately decided to leave CME but it was too late and when the Division of Workers Compensation audted me - CME submitted reports without my approval and I lost my license.

I personally know of 5 other doctors with the company that have lost their QME license and currently 8 other doctors are being audited because of California Medical Evaluators.

Be very very careful with these guys. You don't want to be the next person to lose your license.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2017 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/california-medical-evaluators/nationwide/california-medical-evaluators-california-psychiatric-evaluators-gabor-vari-insurance-fr-1387663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Response from CME

AUTHOR: DBS - (USA)

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion regarding your unique situation.  I would like to respond to your post and also offer the opportunity to discuss this matter in greater detail.

Firstly, California Medical Evaluators is not being investigated for fraud.  We provide a valuable service to providers looking to work in the Medical-Legal industry.  We have a long-standing reputation of helping providers more effectively manage their medical-legal practice, which can be very time consuming and perplexing. We have well over 100 providers currently in our network and according to our recent provider satisfaction ratings, we are highly rated amongst them.

Secondly, according to recent data obtained from the DWC, there have been close to 200 providers that have either “lost” and/or surrendered their QME license for a variety of reasons.  This is not a situation that is unique to California Medical Evaluators, but to all organizations and parties involved in the California Work Comp System.  We, collectively, are trying to improve the system for the workers and employers in the state of California.

Thirdly, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your unique experience with us that lead to you posting this report.  We have a valid process that is designed on best practices to ensure the reports our providers create meet the needs of all parties involved with a claim.  There are several unsubstantiated claims in this report that lead me to believe that you may misunderstand that process and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss in greater detail.

We are here to provide support for you and resolve whatever unique situation you are experiencing.