Complaint Review: Calvary Portfolio Services - National Action Financial Services

• Submitted: Thu, March 27, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 27, 2008
  • Reported By: Santa Fe New Mexico
  • Calvary Portfolio Services - National Action Financial Services
    PO Box 9027
    Williamsville, New York

Calvary Portfolio Services - National Action Financial Services I received a letter stating that I owe $5,484.08 to Calvary. I had a clear credit report when I last checked in Spring 2006. I have just read a few horror stories on this website regarding Calvalry. Williamsville New York

I received a letter stating that I owe $5,484.08 from Calvary. I had a clear credit report when I last checked in Spring 2006. I purchased a Condo based upon my clear credit. It was a matter of disputing one (thousands smaller than $5,484.08) debt listed from 1995 on a credit report and despite some initial frustrations , it did not take very long to see it disappear in the end. I had forgotten all about checking credit reports because I know that I have established a perfect credit rating again.

Now that I received this surprising letter from National Action Financial Services / Calvary Portfolio Servicess LLC ((Jim Rich, President/CEO 800.847.9106) I have read a few stories on this ripoffreport website regarding Calvalry tonight. I have composed a letter to Calvary based upon the suggestions posted. Will it do any good to mail my letter to them with my "list of requirements Calvary must meet to prove I have a legitimate debt and cease communications if requirements are not met" certified/return receipt if the company refuses to accept?

I read one posting from Charles in Dallas stating that he had mailed certified return receipt his letter to the CEO and it was returned to him unopened, so his only remaining recourse was to file a suit against the company. I do not have time for that sort of involvement. I also read that someone had their bank account garnished. Another was being threatened to have their wages garnished!

Is this possible? All claims are that this is a fraudulent company. If this is so, how can they access bank accounts? I absolutely do not have any debts. What is going on and how can I stop this company from harming my credit rating, somehow gaining access to my bank account and other unhappy situations? Why are they accusing me of owing money to anyone when my dispute was cleared up so long ago?

No nickname
Santa Fe, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2008 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/calvary-portfolio-services-national-action-financial-services/williamsville-new-york-14231-9027/calvary-portfolio-services-national-action-financial-services-i-received-a-letter-statin-321785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content