Report: #81980

• Reported By: Tujunga California
  • CAMCO
    P.O. Box 5087
    Rockford, Illinois

CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company ripoff claiming a 1986 debt Rockford Illinois

Unbelievable. I received a letter in the mail claiming a debt to Citibank for $2548.50. I did call them (mistake) and they informed me that I could make a payoff of $763.82 for this debt. They claim the debt was from 1986.
When I started to ask questions and ask for proof that this debt is mine. They claimed I was being childish and that they were providing me with all the proof that I needed. That my ss# matched my name!! They then went on to name off my current debts and when I said that was no proof, they were apparently obtaining this information from my current credit report this girl completely blew up and said she did not have to listen to me anymore that we werent in grade school, that she was going to report this as refusal to pay!! Well I have to say for a minute they had me going but since I have found this page with 378 entries regarding this company I know that I am not losing my mind.

Let's get this company!!! Where do I start?? I have already contacted one member on this site and received an immediate response. I will wait for the reply to that e-mail. If anyone else has some suggestions let me know.

Mary
Tujunga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2004 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/camco/rockford-illinois-61125/camco-capital-acquisitions-and-management-company-ripoff-claiming-a-1986-debt-rockford-ill-81980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content