ED Magedson – Founder
cancun cosmetic dentistry720 south franklin, denver, Colorado USA
cancun cosmetic dentistry the truth about cancun cosmetic/ top dental cancun q roo, mexico
I would like to warn everyone about Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry/ Cancun Top Dental/ Dental Maya- and they have/had one other name, but I have forgotten.
The theory of dental tourism- having dental work done outside the USA is excellent. And Cancun is a wonderful location. However, Cancun Cosmetic dentistry is perhaps the worst clinic you can visit. I would like to briefly outline my concerns and experience.
1) Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry is a money making center first, and a dental clinic second.
2) The owner, Dr German, is not a specialist, he is a general dentist. He and his sister are business people- they spend a tremendous amount of money on advertising, marketing and professional sales force. They spend around 30,000 usd per month to get business- maybe more. All of the 'positive' press is bought and paid for. All of the websites they advertise on are bought and paid for- we are talking major money.
3) All of the work is performed by young dentists right out of school. It is easy for the owners to recruit young dentist because everyone in Mexico wants to live in Cancun. The owners pay these young doctors very little. And all of the young dentist are paid by commission. because these dentist are young and want money (who does not) they perform unnessacary procedures so as just to get paid. Also, because they are young and inexperienced, these dentists make a lot of mistakes.
4) In another attempt to maximize profits, the clinic purchases the cheapest dental materials available. and the clinic uses the cheapest dental lab (the people who make crowns, veneers, etc). The consequences of this is that the crowns/veneers will not last that long. let me explain why- if the crown/veneer does not fit perfectly, mostiture and bacteria will get in between the crown/veneer and the file downed tooth. Then, with time, the underlying bone will rot away. also, if the crown/veneers are not fitted properly, over time the crown/veneer will just pop off, especially if the crown/veneer is seated too high or not vertically correct. The continued force of the crowns/veneers coming together over and over again will not only break the crown/veneer, but will compromise the shaved down tooth- which mean, not only will your crown/veneer be worthless, but the underlying tooth will be destroyed, leading you with nothing!
5) These people change names like I change girlfriends. Dental Maya, Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry, Cancun Top Dental, and at least one other name, I think 2. They change names when the complaints pile up, and maybe for other reasons.
6) The refund policy is flawed. If you are lucky enough to get a refund, it will not be 100%- maybe 75%- and the lady owner, I forget her name, will make you sign a non-disclosure promising not to post anything on line- and they will sue you in the usa if you break the non-disclosure!
If you need serious dental work, Cancun is a great location. And if you come to Cancun, you should get consultations from 3-4 clinics. I would recommend Dentiras, Dentcare, Hospident or Dentistar; If you are going to have a lot of work done. All of these clinics are owned by the surgeon who does the procedures. All of these clinics are more concerned about a quality outcome than over money. Since these surgeons are so good, they have a steady amount of business, so they do not advertise as aggressively as Cancun cosmetic- they do not need to. I know for a fact that when Dr German needs dental work done, he goes to one of the clinics I have listed.
I work for none of these people. I met with all of these clinics. I know what I am taking about. Feel free to email me any questions.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cancun-cosmetic-dentistry/denver-colorado-80209/cancun-cosmetic-dentistry-the-truth-about-cancun-cosmetic-top-dental-cancun-q-roo-mexi-1051805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.