Complaint Review: Canvaspeople.com

• Canvaspeople.com

Internet
    USA

Canvaspeople.com Billing Bait and Switch Internet

I attempted to but three canvases using an internet coupon for Canvaspeople.com.  I had used their service once before and result was okay-not great but not poor.  The coupon allowed for certain sized canvases at $20.00 and smaller ones at $15.00.  I arranged to purchase two at $20.00 and one at $15.00.

At checkout, my subtotal came to $55.00 - what I expected.  The site asked me to select my payment method and after doing so, the transaction was finalized and suddenly my total jumped to $113.85.  I was shocked to find the total had doubled.  I immediately went to the "contact us" portion of the site and found that they did not list a telephone number to contact anyone.  But they did have a place to message them.  I filled that out requesting information as to the discrepency and articulated that they should either refund me the difference of the overcharge or cancel the order all together.

A few minutes later, I received an automatic email confirming my order.  Having a few minutes to become very uneasy about what I saw as a bait and switch on pricing, I replied to that email to their customer support center.  I once again described what happened and, having checked their cancelation policy which gives 24 hours after the order is placed, I told them to cancel the order as I did not want to do business with them.

That was about 10 minutes after the order was placed on Friday.  Today, on Monday, the customer service center replied that $113.85 is the correct charge (ignoring the bait and switch of the pricing) and that they had already begun production of the canvases despite my timely request to cancel.  They are refusing to take any action to rectify the situation.

I have lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my bank to attempt to remedy the situation myself.  The more I dig into this company, the less confortable I feel about it.  Others looking for inexpensive services for putting photos on canvas should be wary of this company.

Do business with them at your own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/canvaspeoplecom/internet/canvaspeoplecom-billing-bait-and-switch-internet-1131273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content