Complaint Review: Capella University

Minneapolis, Minnesota
    United States of America

Capella University Unethical Billing Practices! Minneapolis Minnesota

*Author of original report: Correction

Capella loves to set you up on auto enrolment for all your courses.  They do this to "help you stay on track".  But what they don't tell you is that if you want to take a quarter off, or like me - had been inactive for 3 quarters -- that they will just decide to auto register you for courses and then never tell you that you have been registered until you receive an email from the school saying that you owe $4,200.  Of course the email comes well after you can drop a course and not get charged.

They are now holding up my transcripts for a potential job background check that I am pursuing because I owe them money.  I have talked on the phone with an account representative there, and emailed Dave Adamson explaining that I never requested to be registered, and that these charges are a mistake.  The only response I get is, "you must keep emailing us your situation and we will evaluate it".  I never entered the online course that quarter, I have emailed my situation twice, I have talked to several people there about not being a student there, yet they still being unethical and holding up my transcripts and sending me invoices for the $4,200.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capella-university/minneapolis-minnesota-/capella-university-unethical-billing-practices-minneapolis-minnesota-1046105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Correction

AUTHOR: Former Capella Student - ()

I need to make a correction, the cost of a quarter during the dissertation phase is not $4,200 - it is $3,800.    $4,200 is what they charge for a quarter in which you are still taking classes.