• Report: #91971

• Submitted: Tue, May 18, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, May 18, 2004

• Reported By:sugar land Texas
Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
303 North Main Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Attempted rip-off and aggrivation Rockford Illinois

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I received a notice from CAMCO that I owe $500. to a company that went out of business about 15 years ago. I do remember having an account with this dept store, but I also remember going through a divorce and trying to establish my own credit at that same time. I would not have let that bill go unpaid and risk harming my credit. They also were very vague about the information they did give me. This account was never filed on any of my credit reports as being past due.

I believe that most people are honest and want to pay what they owe. So, how convenient for CAMCO to claim you owe the money but they don't have any particulars on your account except that you owe money and you should immediately give it to CAMCO.

When I called, they negotiated down to a payment of $307.73, which was then reduced by a supervisor to $200.00 . They said I was getting a savings of over $300.00 but I had to pay at this time and I could even give them a post-dated check by phone. They really tried to pressure me into settling with a check today.

I told them I would have to check out their company before I would settle anything. I am so glad this web site was here to comfirm my suspicions regarding this company. I also checked with the BBB in Rockford, IL.

I hope this helps someone else

Rita
Sugar Land, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-acquisitions-and-management-company/rockford-illinois-61125/camco-attempted-rip-off-and-aggrivation-rockford-illinois-91971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions And Management Company