Complaint Review: Capital Lighting

• Capital Lighting

Internet
    USA

Capital Lighting; 1800Lighting.com Refund Policy is suspect! Internet

I have purchased a lot of lighting for my new construction from Capital Lighting, also known as 1800lighting.com. The new construction has taken longer than expected, as these things usually do. They finally put the mirrors up in my master bathroom and I realized that the two vanity fixtures that I bought are too big for the space. The two product boxes are unopened. Just by looking at the product dimensions, I knew that they would not work.

I ordered a total of three fixtures and I am keeping one for the other bathroom. The two for the master bathroom won't work.

I bought them on June 16. I contacted the company to return them for a refund. They are unopened. Because I am over their 30 day return policy, they would only do the return if I placed another order with them at the same time. I call that blackmail. I was indeed going to place an order with them once I measured the area accurately, but I will no longer do busiess with a complany that holds a refund hostage unless I buy something else from them. Agent's name was MyronD.

I understand the policy, but things come up and happen beyond the buyer's control. A little compromise is appreciated, especially when the product hasn't even been opened. The delay in my new construction was not my fault. Fording to make an order on the spot in order to get my $400 back is rude and bad business practice. Had the agent been nicer about the process and willing to compromise, I would have bought my replacement fixtures there.

There are many online lighting stores on the Internet. I suggest that people use those other companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2016 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-lighting/internet/capital-lighting-1800lightingcom-refund-policy-is-suspect-internet-1321170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content