Complaint Review: CAPITAL ONE BANK

• CAPITAL ONE BANK

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama

CAPITAL ONE BANK Ripoff CONSUMER HARRASSMENT IN TEXAS BIRMINGHAM Alabama

*Consumer Comment: block thier #

*Consumer Comment: I Understand Exactly What You're Going Through!!

Capital One has received a faxed Cease and Desist letter. Collection managers have promised to remove my number from their records because their collector was calling me 18-20 times a day and leaving messages on my cell phone.

Tonight they called my x-mother in law (divorced 8 years ago). they not only told her about my debt they also told her how much I owed.

I thought third party disclosure was a federal offence.

Is there any one else out there willing to consider a class action suit against these folks..

I have an attorney and am in the process of filing bankruptcy. They harrass me anyway. They threaten to have my attorney dis-barred because he hasnt filed fast enough to suit them. (As if they really could do this)... The harrassment just goes on and on.

Kathleen
GARLAND, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2005 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-one-bank/birmingham-alabama/capital-one-bank-ripoff-consumer-harrassment-in-texas-birmingham-alabama-126003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

block thier #

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

If you have this option on your house and or cell phone . You can block thier # from calling your home and /or cell phone. With the house phone all you need to do is dial 3 #s and your cell when the # shows scroll down and hit add to block list .I would also suggest to your exmother in law to block thier # also.

I had the same type of problem with them then I sent a cease communications letter to them certified and they stopped calling me.

I Understand Exactly What You're Going Through!!

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Hi, Kathleen. I can understand exactly what you're going through, as I, too had a Capital One card. Regrettably (and I acknowledge it was obviously my fault) the account went past due and was turned over to Allied Interstate Collections. These people are ruthless!!! They call and harass me all the time. They got my cell # and I don't know how. They would call me 10 times a day on both my cell and home number! The supervisors are just as bad. I have gone through a credit counselor but Capital One refuses to work with me. They told me they won't accept my payment, unless it's in full (ok, they won't accept my payment, yet they're calling me for money). As soon as they are paid off and I am done with them, I am filing every complaint I can with this company.

They have no regard for the laws and regulations with collections. I told the supervisor that yes, I know I am late, and that is my fault. But that is NO reason to treat me like I am dirt under your feet. He started to get beligerent with me and I said, "I have no problem having a civil conversation with you, but the first word of disrespect and/or rudeness coming out of your mouth, and this conversation is OVER." Needless to say, I had to end up hanging up on him.

I wish you luck with your Capital One trials and tribulations.....and I would be more than happy to give you any input (ammunition) that I can regarding these jerks, should you pursue any legal action.