Report: #196831

• Capital One
    capital one
    Nationwide

Capital One ripoff Nationwide

How about those of us who fall victim to the finance charges. If unable to pay enough to reduce the balance to an amount low enough for the finance charge to not take you over the limit, you are charged an over the limit fee even though you have not borrowed an amount equal to that which you have been given.

Unless you are able to make a substantial payment, each month there is an over the limit fee which makes it almost impossible to catch up. I don't deny that the company has no responsibility for the fact that I got divorced and went from two incomes to one but once my limit was reached and the account was frozen, I feel that it is unfair that I continued to be charged over the limit fees each month.

I would like to pay my bills but when there isn't enough money to go around and you are being pressured to make committments it gets to a point where you feel that it's not worth the effort. Finance charges are exhorbitant despite the fact that interest returned from investments are minimal. Why is it that there is such a discrepancy between what we pay out in interest versus what we reap as returns for big business using our meager dollars?

Arawannah
wilmington, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2006 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-one/nationwide/capital-one-ripoff-nationwide-196831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content