Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, February 01, 2017

• Reported By: Tanya — north palm beach Florida USA
Car Max
2000 High Ridge Rd. Boynton Beach, Florida USA

Car Max Service Manager Dan Sold a defective key then made me pay for it. Boynton Beach Florida

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Car max just made me pay $200 to replace my spare key that wasn't programmed correctly. I was given two sets of push start keys at the time of purchase. I didn't know the second set was never programmed until needing it (of course). They couldn't get it programmed and have made me buy a whole new key because I didn't bring it back within 30 days. If I had known, obviously I would have. The key still has the carmax tag on it and has never been used. It's insane to me they wouldn't do this as a courtesy. I guess it's a lesson learned, don't assume something works, check it out. I won't purchase another vehicle from them at this point, it's the principle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2017 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/car-max/boynton-beach-florida-33426/car-max-service-manager-dan-sold-a-defective-key-then-made-me-pay-for-it-boynton-beach-1353312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Max