Report: #1319478

• Reported By: Ron — Rimrock Arizona USA
  • CAR REGISTRATION

Internet
    USA

Car Registration on line.  Beware of what I consider a cleavor disception on the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department web site.

I was re-registering my vehicle today on-line.  The very first page on the official site was a header "Generate you Car Registration Easy Guide".  I pressed continue, and the next page asked for personal information and Method of Payment.  I submitted the required information.  The next page was the Official AZ MVD re-registration form. Once again at the end of this, was a request for method of payment and information related.

After completing the re-registration, I exited and was checking e-mails, when I noticed two new e-mails, One was from the ADOT Motor Vehicle Division, acknowledging my re-registration and thank you for using the on-line service.

The second e-mail was from Car Registration.  The e-mail starts by thanking me for PURCHASING the Easy Guide at Car Registration.Org.

I was livid.  I had not knowingly purchased anything.  I immediately replied to this e-mail, with questions about what I had supposedly Purchased.  And being firm that I did Not Purchase anything.

I then immediately, contacted my bank to report that I may have been scammed.  Bank records indicated two recent charges, one for the Re-Registration, and one from Car Registration in the amount of $2.99.

I once again went to my e-mail and found a reply from Car Registration.  The reply to my conerns were answered basically stating the charges would be reversed and "there is no need to contact your bank.." We have taken care of everything (or words to this effect).  That through up some serious Red Flags.

I place the blame and give notice to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department that this is their responsibility.  I expect better from a government agency (well.. not really, but..).

So, if you are planning on using Arizona Motor Vehicles On-Line services to re-regester a vehicle BEWARE.

Use with Caution should be added to the AZ MVD's header for On-Line Services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2016 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/car-registration/internet/car-registration-deception-and-con-internet-1319478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

DEMOCRAT ?

AUTHOR: - ()

Deception.. is wrong, no matter how one looks at it.  Yes you are correct, I should have read it more closely.  But, please do not stand up for and try to justify something that is just a very sad way of cheating folks out of money. Why not call it what it is "DECEPTION".  Way too much of this going on in this once great country of ours.  I tell it like I see it.

Thanks for you opinion.

Your failure to read and comprehend

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

When you initially accessed the car-registration.org website you were provided with a paragraph that states, “By clicking ‘continue’ you acknowledge that this site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.”

Clearly posted in bold print at the top of every page on their website: Car-Registration.org is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.

The ‘About Us’ link on their website states, “This site is privately owned and is neither operated by, nor affiliated with, any government agency.”

Your comments indicate that for some reason you think car-registration.org is related to the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles even though they never imply or make that claim.

There is no deception and there is no con. This was just your failure to read and comprehend the disclosures and terms that you agreed to.