Complaint Review: Carbon14films

2905 Paris Road, Olympia Fields, IL 60461
    Chicago, Illinois
    United States of America

Carbon14films Josiah Eduave Pepito Bride of Videoscam Chicago, Illinois

I hired Josh Pepito in February 2008 as my videographer for our wedding event dated 31, May 2008 I hired Josh as a reference from a dear friend. I paid his wedding fee ($1800), including a flight from Chicago to London ($600) & per diem for room & board ($300), a total of $2700. Josh arrived in London Wednesday 28, May 2008 and left Sunday, June 1 2008.  He attended our rehearsal dinner and the wedding event. The contract included the following as per direct quote from the contractual arrangement:

"The costs and inclusions of wedding Videography are as follows;

•  Comprehensive coverage of the entire wedding day, this includes the preparation, ceremony, photo sessions and the reception.  This will include Josiah Pepito + Assistant for the event
  • 6 DVD copy/copies of a 45 minute highlight reel in a customized DVD case.
  • 1 DVD copy of unedited footage is also included. <we agreed to some editing>
  • Color enhancement and post-production techniques to replicate film like texture and motion.
  • Discreet audio capture via wireless lapel microphones.
  • Non-linear editing and a Dolby Digital Soundtrack."
Josh was excellent leading up to the wedding and the wedding date itself. Although, he did not arrive with an Assistant, as per contractual arrangement. Unfortunately, Josh has not fulfilled his contractual obligation. Despite having been in touch, he stopped returning my emails as of late 2011/early 2012 and shut down his website. After repeated emails and finding him on Facebook, he finally responded in April 2012 and advised he did not forget about us and required song list to complete the videos.

After sending the song list and repeated messages, Josh responded on 7-Jun-2012 advising the videos would be completed in a couple of weeks. To no avail, did he come through. On 18-Jul, I luckily found Josh on-line on Facebook, to which he chatted and he promised over and over the videos with songs and output (10-12 hours) will be completed by 20-21-July, the latest. He said he would "sort me out". Despite my repeated follow-up messages, he has stopped responding to my Facebook and email messages.

I am sad, hurt, and devastated and will not give up until I finally receive what is owed to me. These videos are important to me not only because it is one of the most important days of my life but even more importantly, it captured our dear family members, namely my Mother, whose health is deteriorating. Having lost my Father prior to my wedding, it was very important for me to have a video to have a living memoir of our family (above our special day). Please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carbon14films/chicago-illinois-/carbon14films-josiah-eduave-pepito-bride-of-videoscam-chicago-illinois-945329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content