Report: #1198516

• CardCash.com

Internet
    USA

CardCash.com ABC Gift Cards scam; attempt at identity theft; Brick, NJ Internet

These crooks wanted my bank acct #, routing #, last 4 digits of my Social Security #, and a copy of my driver's license in order to process the payment for the gift card I sold them.  Since I had agreed to an Amazon.com gift card in exchange for my card, I could not understand why this should be required.  When I questioned it, they told me it was necessary to prevent "fraud".

Fearing identify theft, I refused to provide this information and they promised to return my card.  That didn't happen so I was forced to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the NJ Attorney General Consumer's Affair Dept.

I finally got my card back six weeks after I had sent it to them. It's beyond me why they are still in operation when it is clearly a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2014 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cardcashcom/internet/cardcashcom-abc-gift-cards-scam-attempt-at-identity-theft-brick-nj-internet-1198516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content