Complaint Review: Care.com

• Care.com

internet, Select State/Province
    USA

Care.com Care.com Automatic Renewal Process is a COMPLETE RIPOFF  Internet

In June, 2013, I signed up for one month of Care.com to find someone to clean my home after the birth of my son. The cost was $39 for the month. I initially hired someone. In the end it did not work out but it was worth $39 to see who was out there and what the going rate was.

Today, I went online to reconcile my credit card account and I find Care.com has been billing me $39 a month since the summer. I was shocked to say the least. I went on Care.com and immediately downgraded the membership and tried to email customer service through the site. The site did not work when I selected cancel memebership. I called the customer service number listed and spoke with Wendy about a credit for the unused months.

Wendy was clearly eating at the time so professionalism was not a top priority. I explained to Wendy my issue with being billed monthly when I only signed up for one month. She said she could only refund the last $39 charge which would cover the month of March. She said it was stated on the website it was automatically renewed each month until cancellation.

I looked on the site. Reviewed the page twice and yep, there it was in light gray 9 point arial font when everything else is in black. It seems my new reading glasses are working.

I am going to file a complaint with my state's attorney generals office and the BBB so others know what they are in for. I guess I can no longer make fun of my parents for this sort of thing. Here I am getting billed for services I did not need or use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carecom/internet-select-stateprovince/carecom-carecom-automatic-renewal-process-is-a-complete-ripoffnbsp-internet-1124868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content