Complaint Review: Carepoint P.C.

• Submitted: Tue, April 25, 2017
  • Updated: Tue, April 25, 2017
  • Reported By: Mack — Denver Colorado USA
  • Carepoint P.C.
    5600 S. Quebec St. #312A
    Greenwood Village, Colorado
    USA

Carepoint P.C. Ridiculous charges and billing for services provided. Greenwood Village Colorado

I visited the ER at ******* hospital on 12/**/2016 due to strep throat. I was in the hospital for a total of about 2 hours and received probably about a maximum of 30 minutes of care from one of their Nurses. They billed me 283.00 dollars. I estimated this comes out to about... $566.00 dollars an hour for such a simple diagnosis as strep throat. The hospital has not even billed me yet. I thought I was being reasonable and offered to pay 50 percent of that total amount.

I know that medicaid or a health insurance company would only pay about 100 dollars for this visit. I had no health insurance at the time due to transitioning to another job. They were willing to come down very little in price. I believe their idea is either pay, or we will send this to collections and hurt your credit score. Also, they ended up selling my bill to a collection agency. I was on a pay plan. Luckily I caught it in time before my credit got hit. These people are truly awful. I truly believe they did this in retalition of filing a complaint to the BBB. They have an "F" grade with them by the way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2017 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carepoint-pc/greenwood-village-colorado-80111/carepoint-pc-ridiculous-charges-and-billing-for-services-provided-greenwood-village-c-1369655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content